Chapter 22: HOPE

-MOONWATCHER

She and her boyfriend flew as quickly back to the night village hoping that Foeslayer were there.

"Moon?" Qibli said softly.

"Qibli?" Moon replied, looking at him questioningly. 

"If...if this dragon is really...really him. Promise me...promise me you'll stay safe. Stay as far away from the violence as possible. Stay hidden. Stay safe. Stay safe...for me."

Stay hidden. Moon though she could hear her mother's voice on her first day of school. The utmost important rule she had to follow. The rule that didn't make her be her.

"Qibli, I'm sorry I can't promise you that. I need to help you defeat whoever this dragon is. I can't go hiding around while my love goes to kill himself, can I? So if we die we'll stay together. Forever," Moon answered, landing in front of Foeslayer's hut and knocking the door.

"No, you have to trust me, stay hidden, please, I can't lose you. I need you safe!" he wailed which made Moon fell really bad.

"Qibli, listen. We have gone through everything together and it's staying that way," she responded taking Qibli's talon in her's. She loved this feeling. Hot scales on her's. Soft talons in her's. 

Qibli finally smiled.

"Kiss?" he asked with a smirk. Moon smiled back.

"That's my Qibli!" she whispered and leaned in.

The kiss was great. Moon felt her face redden, Qibli wrapped his wings around her and held her close.

"Ahem?" a voice said.

"Hello, lovebirds. Need anything?" Foeslayer grinned. 

Both Moon and Qibli stepped away from each other, same reddened faces.

"Could we talk inside?" Qibli asked as if nothing.

"Sure, Peacemaker's asleep. if that's what you're here for." Foeslayer moved aside to let the young couple in. 

"Well, actually...Darkstalker's back and-" Moon started when they were sitting around a round wooden table.

"Please repeat, Moon. I thought I heard that Darkstalker is back." the dark green scaled dragon said, fidgeting with her claws. 

"I'm afraid you heard right," Qibli muttered under his breath unhappily.

Foeslayer's face whitened. 

"What? How? What do you mean?" she got up to most probably check on her son.

"But, he's still Peacemaker. How."

"He says his father is Prince Arctic and Queen Vigilance," Moon told Foeslayer.  

"Queen Vigilance?" she seemed more hurt than shocked. Her lips quivered as if words failed her. 

"Yes, do you know her?" Moon asked very inpatient.

"...yes." the other Nightwing muttered sadly.