Chapter 14: IDEAS

MOONWATCHER-

They all sat together at the table in awkward silence, no one spook, no one talked, everyone stayed in silence and looking at one person in particular. Moon looked at Qibli for help, while he looked at Turtle as if waiting for him to do magic and make the uncomfortable silence disappear, while Turtle was watching Kinkajou for comfort, who was looking at Qibli waiting for him to start talking since he let Winter see them and Winter was staring at Moon, his tail twitching impatiently, wings quivering. 

"Soooo, we could all go explore the rainforest as a winglet." Kinkajou finally spoke and all the others relaxed slightly.

"Absolutely!" Qibli agreed and turned to Moon.

"That's a good idea," she added smiling to Qibli.

"Yes, it is" Turtle admitted. Everyone turned to Winter, waiting for his reply. 

"Sure?" Winter said looking at each of them.

"Than let's go, I'll be the guide!" Kinkajou cried happiness overwhelming her again.

"Let's go!" Qibli cried taking Moon by the talon dragging her to the door. Kinkajou went under Turtle's wing.

"I know plenty of places where it's beautiful!" Kinkajou said joyfully.

They all started flying now the sun was almost at the highest in the blue sky.

"Come on Winter fly faster!" Kinkajou cried as Winter dragged himself into the air, flapping catching up to Moon's side.

Moon quickly looked for Qibli, fortunately, he was just by her side and smiled at her.

Moon smiled back as scenes of last night flashed back, the good ones and the bad ones, following each other.

Her first kiss with Qibli under starlight, Winter's sudden arrival, Qibli giving her a pleading look, Winter stepping towards her, Winter kissing her, Qibli's warm wings around her. Everything flashed fastly in her head.

"Moon?" Winter asked shyly as Moon shivered at his cold radiant scales.

"Y-yes?" she answered stiffly.

"I wanted to say sorry, about w-well last night, I was so blinded by anger, I-I'm s-sorry," Winter said shifting with embarrassment.

"I-it's okay," Moon answered softly trying to smile to him.

"I-I wanted you to know, that, um, I l-love y-you," Winter said than flying away leaving her staring at where he was.

He said he loved me. Why isn't he acting like he really did? Questions burned in her head until Qibli called her.

"Moon? Are you okay? You look a bit dizzy." Qibli said concerned.

"It's nothing I'm sure," Moon replied.

"Good because we are here!" Qibli cried diving towards the waiting dragons, Moon followed.   

"You took long enough!" Kinkajou commented.

"This is a secret place I found a few weeks before. I call it Silver falls!" Kinkajou exclaimed excitedly. They were all looking at a beautiful glimmering waterfall, it's water reflected the sun's light and sparkled. Trees gave some shade and bushes filled with berries. The branches were loaded with sloths and colorful birds.

"Wow Kinkajou, this is amazing!" Moon gasped. Her friend smiled.

"I know right!"Kinkajou cried, scaled bright yellow.

"I brought lunch!" Kinkajou cried again holding the basket of fruit from Turtle's hut. Everyone sat down in the shade. Qibli shared a pineapple with her, while Turtle and Kinkajou shared a watermelon, leaving Winter staring at them then turning away.

I wish I could hear his thoughts, Moon sighted looking at her Skyfire and then Winter's.