34 - Celebration date

"Missed me?"

His cheeky little smirk made me want to slap him and so I did without a hesitation. He yelped and gawked at me with puppy eyes.

"Hey! I thought you-" He stopped when he saw tears rolling down my cheeks. "Lyn..."

Wasting no time, I jumped up and hugged him, holding onto him tightly as if my life depended on it. My whole body was shaking and trembling and I buried my face in the crook of his neck to calm down my nerves.

This feeling... I missed it so much.

"I missed you so much, you idiot," I yelled at him to show my pent up frustration, but my voice came out broken since my sobs were welling up. "I thought you were disappearing! I was afraid that I would never see you again, you stupid-"

His hand gently caressed my head and kissed it, shushing me. "Lyn... baby... I'm sorry for worrying you like this. I couldn't come to you even if I wanted to... I was... being punished for what I did."

I gasped before pulling back. "W-What?!"

I held his face, inspecting it for any signs of wounds and then stepped back to look at his body. I couldn't check for bruises because of his clothes.

"I'm alright now, Lyn, don't worry," he drawled and pulled me by my waist before brushing his thumb over my cheek, gazing intently at me. "If those pain I felt are the price I paid for saving your parents, I would do it again and again millions of times with no hesitation."

My heart fluttered. All the tenderness oozing out from him was truly overwhelming. I was falling deeper into his dark orbs, wallowing in his love and warmth.

His eyes reflected desperation when he whispered, "I missed you like crazy, Lyn..."

"Jimin..."

But then, his words snapped whatever daze I was in.

Wait what-

Pain?!

He forced a smile, his eyes drooping. "Apparently, they had the power to make soul reapers like me vulnerable and able to feel pain... But it's fine now."

"Oh my gosh," I gasped, eyes widening and eyebrows crashing together. I couldn't believe that I made him go through such torture.

"It's not your fault, Lyn," he quickly stopped me before I could ramble, holding my face with both of his hands. "You're the one who pulled me through all those punishments. Otherwise, I would never be able to bear such pain if you're not there."

But still...

"It's all fine now," he assured me with his soothing fruity voice, giving me his lovely smile that I adore.

"Really?"

His eyes crinkled as his smile widened and he nodded cutely. "So what are we doing for my birthday today?"

I snorted lightly. "We what?"

"We're going on a date, you say?" He fake gasped and I couldn't help but snort again. "Of course I would love that, why are you asking? Well then, let's go."

He took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers, and started walking.

"Where are we even going?" I giggled.

He smirked playfully. "I have something in mind."

🌹🌹🌹

I screamed when he made me wetter.