9 - Interest

"Off you go."

The man cocked his head, motioning towards the portal and waited for me to move.

"Mr. Jimin, I don't know if this will really take me to-"

"Your home. Just imagine it, will ya?" He closed his eyes shut in exasperation, getting more and more irritated every time I opened my mouth.

I gulped before quickly facing the glowing portal in front of me.

Well, shit, bro. You didn't have to be so hard on me.

"And stop calling me 'Mr. Jimin'. It's making me feel old."

I raised my eyebrows questioningly. "How old are you exactly?"

He took a deep breath before looking away. "24 years old for almost a thousand years now."

"Oh. You old old."

He looked back at me with huge puppy eyes, preparing to whine.

"No! I'm not old, what are you even saying? Look at my face and body."

He was about to strip his jacket and shirt to prove his point. I quickly jumped in and grabbed his hands to stop him from flashing whatever body he had.

"What the heck? We're in public, Jimin!"

He smirked before leaning down dangerously close to my face, only a few inches apart. His nose touched my cheek when I turned my head away because of nervousness, and I suddenly started freaking out.

"If we weren't in public, you would have let me strip in front of you?" He whispered lowly.

"What the fuck?" My voice cracked and heat rushed to my cheeks.

With my hands on his chest, I pushed him away from me with all my might and glared at him.

"You perv! That wasn't what I meant. Begone, please!" I formed a cross with my fingers.

He giggled with his hand over his mouth and slowly walked back towards me with smiley eyes, greatly enjoying my flustered form.

"I change my mind. You're interesting. I'm not letting you go anytime soon."

He stopped with his chest almost touching mine. I frowned.

"So I can't go home now?"

His smile became wider. "You can go, alright. I'll just keep visiting you on earth after this."

"That's... disturbing...? A soul reaper coming after me all the time... I mean, I already confirmed your existence and," I looked around me, "saw this place where you all reside, so I don't really think I'll appreciate your visits."

He hummed before crossing his arms over his chest.

"But we don't know why you can see us when we're invisible to everyone else or how you just walked in here after stalking me so I-"

"I didn't stalk you," I cut him.

"You did, sweetie." He smirked.

I just followed you...

"No you didn't," he chuckled. "You stalked me."

He can read my mind now?

"Not now, but all the time, sweetie. I'm a supernatural being after all."

I clenched my teeth. "That's wonderful."

"Your mind says otherwise, though."

I sighed before rubbing my face, cursing inside my head. "Just finish your words."

"Wow, you cuss so much," he chuckled. "Anyway, we don't know why you're like this. Don't you want to know, Lyn?"

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"I can read your thoughts, sweetie. There's no need to hide how you're feeling."

"Then why don't you just read them. I won't have to talk to you. It's easier." I shrugged.

You do the talking.

He stared at me bored without saying anything. I sighed.

"Okay. Yes, Jimin, I do want to know. Let me know, please," I exclaimed monotonously.

"Whatever." He turned me around and gently pushed me to the portal. "We'll just do this later. You should go back now."

I started moving towards it due to the force and turned around to look at him again when I didn't feel his presence next to me. He wasn't walking with me.

Before I could say anything, I was teleported to my house, his face vanishing into thin air, replaced with the walls of my own room instead. I lifted my hand up to touch the place where the portal was, but I didn't feel anything but the air. [Air: "Why are you feeling me, you perv"]

I looked down on my attire and suddenly remembered my own clothes. I didn't take them with me.

What was I supposed to wear to the school tomorrow?

I took off my jacket, throwing it on my bed, and walked out of the room to wash my hands.

The door suddenly opened and Rena came in. Her eyes widened when she saw me.

"You're home? Didn't you go to your uncle today?"

I shook my head. "I couldn't take it anymore, so I'm quitting now. I hope he'll understand. I'm calling him after washing my hands."

She nodded. "You should do what's best for you."

Her eyes looked over my clothes, inspecting it in great detail. She furrowed her brows. "You bought new clothes?"

I gulped. "Yeah?"

"Doesn't look like your style. Did you buy it for interview or something?" She put her coat on the hanger and proceeded to take off her shoes without looking at me.

"Uh huh..."

"Okay," she said, walking past me. "I'm cooking today then. You should rest now, but tomorrow, you cook, okay?"

"Thank you." I hugged her, stopping her on her tracks. "By the way, how are you and Taehyung?"

She laughed softly under her breath before leaning her head on my shoulder. "Is it okay to be this happy, Lyn? I feel like floating when I'm around him."

"Of course you can. You found the one, Rena. After all these years."

She nodded before smiling wide. "Okay, go wash your hands and come to the kitchen. I want to talk about my date."

I broke the hug and started walking away. "I'll listen. Just don't rub it in my face, okay?"

"Do you have anyone you're seeing, Lyn?" Her voice echoed through the hallway.

I froze when Jimin's face flashed in my mind. I quickly shook off the thought.

Impossible...

He's not a human.

"Nope!"

—————————————————————
A/N: Because of my internship, I'll be updating less frequently now, I'm sowwy...

[Updates every week]

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 🌹