46 - Bittersweet

"Hi," Taehyung said, giving me a soft smile. "How are you doing?"

I nodded. "I'm good, and you?"

"I'm doing fine, just managing my business and stuff."

He placed the flowers on Rena's resting place and stood beside me, gazing up at the sky in deep thoughts.

"I just want to say," I spoke, grabbing his attention, "that you shouldn't blame yourself for her fate and stay strong for both her and yourself... I know that she wouldn't want to see you suffering."

He nodded slowly. "Thank you, Lyn."

After standing there for a while in silence, he turned to me. "I'll drive you home," he offered.

We both walked to his car and got inside before driving to my house.

"Um," he started and I looked over to him, "how's Jimin?"

My smile grew as I said, "He's doing great. He opened a dance academy and currently works there as a teacher."

With a nod, he chuckled, "He finally pursued dancing, huh?"

After chatting throughout the ride, we arrived at my home and he got out of his car to walk me to the door.

It suddenly opened from the inside, and Jimin came out, surprised to see me.

"Lyn," he exclaimed. "I was going to get you after changing my clothes."

I chuckled seeing his disoriented state, only half of his shirt buttons done, his hair messy and his pants almost unbuckled.

"You silly, why are you going out looking like this?" I fixed his clothes and looked back to the man who was snickering behind me when I was done.

"Taehyung brought me home."

Jimin's eyes darted to him and they stared at each other for a moment before Taehyung coughed.

"Long time no see," he whispered softly, facing down.

"Yeah," Jimin let out, scratching his nape.

The awkward silence came back and I wasn't having it.

"Oh, for fuck's sake," I groaned in annoyance, making them look at me with round eyes. "Go away and pour your hearts out, you awkward boys." I shooed them.

"Beer night?" Taehyung offers after chuckling.

"Uh," Jimin stammered and I pushed him towards Taehyung.

"Go, you idiot."

Taehyung flung his arm around Jimin's shoulders and they both walked away as my boyfriend yelled, "I'll be back before midnight!"

"It's fine," I yelled back. "You can take however long you want. Just make up with each other, okay?"

He giggled before screaming, "I love you!" and they both drove away in Taehyung's car.

With a huge grin, I walked inside home and took off my shoes before going to our bedroom. After changing my clothes and washing up, I was organizing my papers until my eyes fell on the envelope that uncle gave me.

Searching my drawers, I took out Rena's envelope and placed it beside my uncle's.

Taking a deep breath, I opened Rena's first and started reading her letter.

Dear sweet little Evelyn,

I know this is really cheesy, but I want to tell you how much I love you.