15 - Beguilement

"Stop laughing at me!"

His childish giggles were filling the kitchen, lifting the mood up and just annoying the heck out of me. He had been laughing so hard, I was amazed at how he still didn't drop dead.

"I... I can't," he wheezed, dropping on the ground. "How can you just blow flour all over yourself, 'accidentally'? Look at your face, oh gosh."

Due to my unnecessary nervousness, my hands were shaking like crazy when I was beside him, and I had suddenly squeezed a bag of flour, a little too violently, blowing its contents all over myself, some spreading over to my face.

"Instead of making fun of my face, why don't you clean it," I barked.

He grabbed a tissue while still giggling, and pulled my body to face him before holding my chin and wiping the white substances off my red face.

My heart just couldn't sit still, seeing him look at me so fondly, so closely.

His fingers brushed my philtrum and stopped right above my lips. A smirk appeared on his lips and I frowned, already sensing his upcoming sneaky remark.

"Why don't I just clean this with my lips? It's way more effective," he whispered, almost bursting out laughing while doing so, and gently traced my lips with the tip of his finger.

"The way you flirt is just shameful," I hissed before slapping his hand away. "Do not touch me, you perverted ghost."

He pursed his lips, muffling his laughs, and took a step back, putting his hands up.

I hated how his eyes smiled. It made him look so innocent and so lovable. And it made my heart flutter. I hated it.

"Thank you," he chimed.

Oh for heaven's sake...

"Don't you have a switch to turn off mind reading or something? It's getting annoying now."

He grabbed another bag of flour from the cupboard and was about to hand it to me when he quickly retracted it. "On second thought, I'll make the dough. You cut the ingredients and grate the cheese."

I flipped my hair bitterly and grabbed a knife while shooting glares at the annoying reaper.

"If only I could cut you," I sneered while swinging the sharp object threateningly.

"Not gonna happen, sweetheart," he purred and winked at me. "Still kinky, I see."

Fuck you...

I raised my hand up when he opened his mouth to say something.

"Don't you dare."

He slowly closed his mouth shut, his eyes still sparkling and dancing with exhilaration. He must love teasing me like this... What a douche.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop," he said seriously before taking off his jacket.

I gulped.

I momentarily stopped my actions when I saw him pulling up his sleeves to knead the dough, exposing his veiny, muscular arms. I never expected him to have such manly arms since he looked slim with clothes on.

Suddenly realizing that I was practically drooling over his muscular body, I cleared my throat before turning my attention back to the cheese before me.

Cheese...

Cheese...

Grate it carefully...