(17) Eighteen, engaged and raising a baby!

Eighteen, engaged and raising a baby!

Chapter 17

Clive's POV

"What the hell is going on in here!?" Dr. Connolly yelled as he looked from me to Stephanie's parents.  

"He threw us with a vase" Stephanie's mom answered sounding stunned and outraged.  

"Is that true?" Dr. Connolly asked focusing his attention on me.  

"Yeah" I answered nor really caring. The doctor looked a bit upset but didn't act out his frustration like I did.  

"I want all of you outside right now" He stated and waited for me and Stephanie's parents to leave her room, as I left I heard him asking one of the nurses to clean up the mess I had created.

Dr. Connolly joined us in the hallway a few seconds later with a look of disapproval on his face.  

"I can't have this happening again" He stated looking at the three of us.  

"I know, I'm sorry" I apologized to him.  

"Why did you do it then?" He asked obviously trying to get to the bottom of the situation.  

"They provoked me, they shouldn't be here. Stephanie wouldn't want them here" I stated honestly as I glared at them my eyes probably showing how much I hated them.  

"That's not true!" Stephanie's dad yelled but Dr. Connolly cut him off before he could continue.  

"Why wouldn't she want them here?" He asked me.  

"They threw her out of the house when she fell pregnant two years ago, she's been living with me and my parents ever since then, they haven't even bothered to come visit her" I answered trying to stay calm as more anger built up inside of me.  

"Is this true?" Dr. Connolly asked looking at Stephanie's parents with a look of disbelief on his face.  

"Not everything" Stephanie's mom answered looking a bit awkward.  

"Ok, which part isn't true?" He asked impatiently.  

"We did go to see her once" She answered hesitantly and I could tell that she knew this wasn't going well for them.  

"Oh yeah I almost forgot to tell you about that doctor, Stephanie had a miscarriage and when these two somehow found out about it they came around to our house asking her if she didn't want to move back in with them now that the baby was out of the picture" I said disgusted at the memory.

Dr. Connolly shook his head in disapproval and told us to follow him, when we got to the waiting room he told us that he was going to go speak to my parents and that he didn't want any of us to go anywhere. He left us there and headed to the cafeteria, my parents were probably in there getting something to eat. I could tell that the woman behind the desk was keeping an eye on us so I didn't start another argument, I just sat there waiting for Dr. Connolly to return.

About twenty minutes after he left he entered the waiting room again and walked straight over to us.  

"His parents confirmed his story, I need you two to leave the hospital immediately" He said gesturing towards the door with his hands.  

"But..." Stephanie's mom started objecting but Dr. Connolly cut her off.  

"No buts unless you want this to turn ugly" He said and out of the corner of my eye I saw my parents enter the waiting room and walking towards us. They got to us just as Stephanie's parents finally gave up and started making their way out of the hospital, I really hope it is the last time that I ever see them.

"Are you ok?" My dad asked looking concerned.  

"Yeah" I lied not paying them much attention, I wanted to get back to Stephanie.  

"I think he should get back to his room and get some rest" Dr. Connolly stated waving a nurse with a wheelchair over to us. I wanted to argue but I didn't have any strength left in my body so I slouched down in the wheelchair and let the nurse push me back to my room. She helped me back onto my bed and gave me some pain pills before she left.  

I tossed and turned for a while as every sense in my body was telling me to get up and go to Stephanie. I don't know how long it took but I eventually fell into a restless sleep.  

I awoke to the sound of familiar voices and opened my eyes to see what was going on. I flinched at the bright light. I had to open and close my eyes a few times before everything came back into focus.  

"How are you feeling?" I heard somebody ask and turned my head to see Nick and Claire standing a few feet from my bed.  

"Awful" I answered honestly. They took it that I meant I was in physical pain but I couldn't worry about that right now, the only thing I could think about was Stephanie and my guilt that was eating me up from the inside.  

"The doctor said you'll be fine if you just take it easy" Claire said taking a step closer.  

"I'm not worried about me" I replied. I wish everybody would just leave me alone.  

"It wasn't your fault, it was an accident" She said with a look of concern on her face. I didn't say anything to that, what could I say? Everybody knew that it was my fault and now they are just trying to make me feel better about it, it wasn't going to work. Nothing will make me feel better except for Stephanie waking up and forgiving me for what I've done.

"I can tell you want to be alone, would it be ok if we go see Stephanie?" Nick asked speaking for the first time since I woke up. I considered his request for a second and shook my head in agreement, Stephanie would want to see them.