(10) Sixteen, confused and pregnant!

Sixteen, confused and pregnant!

Chapter 10

"He did what?!"

"He told your parents that his the father of your baby".

"Wow".

"Tell me about it"

I didn't know what to think. Clive told my parents that his the father of my baby, why would he do that?

"I need to talk to him" I said looking at Nick and noticing that he looked disappointed. I wondered what that was all about but it would have to wait for another time, I needed to talk to Clive now. Nick got up from the chair next to me and left the room without another word, a few seconds later Clive entered my room.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" He asked sitting down next to me and taking my hand in his. Feeling my hand in his almost brought tears to my eyes, I didn't think he would ever talk to me or touch me again.

"Not too good, my head hurts and my throat is really dry". Clive started pulling his hand away sending a rush of panic through me. I grabbed his hand and held it tightly.

"I was just going to get you some water" He said looking at me with true love and concern in his eyes, he hasn't looked at me like that for so long.

"Oh, sorry" I said releasing his hand. He poured some water into a glass for me and held it to my lips so that I could drink. I took a few sips but it didn't really help for the dryness.

"Thank you"

"My pleasure".

Why was he acting like this? Why was he acting like he still cared about me? I had to know what was going on and figured now was the best time to find out. I had to know what to tell my parents.

"Nick said you told my parents that the baby is yours, is that true?" I asked getting straight to the point.

"Yes I did" Clive answered smiling at me.

"I don't understand, why would you do that?"

"Well, when I got the call saying that you were here in the hospital and that you might not make it, my whole world came crashing down around me. I realized that I couldn't live without you no matter how hard I tried and that I still loved you". Clive paused taking a breath, I could see how hard this was for him. I squeezed his hand encouraging him to go on.

"I rushed over here, hoping that I wasn't too late. The doctor was busy talking to your parents so I ran over to them wanting to know if you were ok. I didn't know that you are pregnant so it came as a real shock when I heard the doctor tell your parents that the baby was ok and by the look on their faces I figured that they didn't know either".

"When the doctor left your parents started talking about you and the baby. They were speculating about why you would try to kill yourself and who the father could be. I wasn't sure how much Nick knew so I told them I'm the father before he could tell them anything. I figured you wouldn't want them to know what really happened and that it would be a good way to start making things up to you".

"Make things up too me?" I asked confused, Clive has never done anything to me, I was the one who screwed up.

"Yes, I was a jerk to dump you the way I did, I should have listened to you, I should have forgiven you"

I didn't know what to say, I wanted Clive Back with all of my heart but I couldn't expect him to pretend to be my baby's father, I couldn't let him give up his future for a mistake I made.

"I can't let you do this".

"I already have, so you're just going to have to deal with it". Clive said as he gently wiped a tear away from my eye.

"But..."

"No buts" Clive interrupted me.

"I was stupid too leave you, I want you back Steph and I'm willing to do whatever it takes, you just tell me what you need and I'll do it".

I couldn't believe this was happening I thought Clive would never forgive me and here he was begging me to take him back. I love Clive with all of my heart and there was nothing I wanted more then him but I knew things would never be the same again, how could they be? I tried to kill myself and I'm pregnant.

"I need you to hold me" I said wanting to feel his arms around me. I tried sitting up letting out a soft moan, my whole body was hurting.

"Don't do that, the doctor said you should take it easy" Clive said sitting down on the edge of my hospital bead. He leaned forward and wrapped his arms around me, I could feel his warm body against me and I could feel his breath on my cheek. Being so close to him made me think that maybe everything could work out, maybe it will be ok.

"I love you Stephanie" I heard Clive whisper into my ear and for that second I was the happiest person alive.

"I love you too" I whispered back and then I felt his lips on mine. It was a soft and gentle kiss, it wasn't rushed, it was filled with true love and care. It was perfect.