(12) Sixteen, confused and pregnant!

Sixteen, confused and pregnant!

Chapter 12

Stephanie's POV

"I have an idea" Clive said getting up from the bed.

"What?" I asked wondering what he was up to.

"I can't tell you until I'm sure about it but if it works you'll have nothing to worry about anymore, I'll be back as soon as I can" Clive answered kissing me gently on my cheek and running out of the room.

I was lying in my bed wondering what Clive could possibly do to take all my problems away when Nick walked in and sat down on the chair next to my bed.

"Hi"

"Hi, I'm glad you decided to come visit me, I wanted to thank you for standing by me the last couple of months" I said wanting to get it off of my chest, he's been a really good friend to me.

"Oh, thanks but it really isn't a big deal, I enjoy being with you"

"Thanks anyway" I said smiling at him.

"So what's going on? What did your parents say? And what did Clive say? I want to know everything so start spilling"

"Well it turns out my parents don't really want to help me, they said that if I keep the baby I have to find somewhere else to stay".

"Wow, that sucks"

"Tell me about it, but I do have some amazing news too!" I said excitedly

"What's that?" Nick asked looking confused by the fact that I could possibly have good news at the moment.

"Clive really is the baby's father".

"Are you sure, you said you always used protection". Nick asked looking at me with an expression on his face that I couldn't read.

"Yea, I'm sure, one of the condoms must have been faulty or something. The lab did a paternity test and it's definitely Clive's baby"

Nick was quiet for a moment obviously thinking about everything I just told him.

"So are you two back together now?" Nick asked and I could see he was hurting, I didn't want to hurt him but he had to know the truth.

"Yes we are"

"So I guess our friendship is over then". Nick stated getting up from the chair.

"Only if you want it to be, I would love it if we could still be friends".

"What about Clive? He doesn't like me".

"He doesn't know you, I'm sure you two can learn to be friends" I answered honestly, I really did believe they could be friends if they tried.

"I don't think so, I really hope everything works out for you" Nick said as he turned around and left the room.

I felt awful hurting him like this but I knew this could happen when I got back together with Clive. The doctor came to check on me again and told me that they wanted to keep me overnight to make sure I was fine and that I could go home tomorrow. That would be wonderful if I had somewhere to go I thought to myself as I started to panic again. I really had no idea where I was going to go.

A few minutes later Clive walked into my room with a huge smile on his face and I automatically felt better now that he was there.

"I've got some really good news" Clive announced sitting down next to me on my hospital bed and taking my hand in his.

"I could really use some good news, do you mind sharing it with me?" I joked.

"Ok, so I went home and talked to my parents. I told them about the baby and about your parents and they want to help you".

"How exactly do they want to help me?" I asked remembering my parents claiming that they wanted to help me and then told me to give up my baby.

"They want you to come stay with us"

This shocked me completely, I always knew Clive's parents were really nice but I didn't expect this.

"Really?" I asked still not believing it.

"Really. My mom says she would love having you around, she's always wanted a daughter and she really wants to help you with the baby too" Clive answered happily.

"That's really nice of her"

"I know, I thought they would help us that's why I asked but I never expected this either. At first they were shocked when I told them but then my mom started getting all excited about having you live with us and having a baby around the house, I think she is actually looking forward to it".

I couldn't help smiling, it felt like the world's been lifted off of my shoulders. Not only was the baby I'm carrying Clive's but his parents were going to help me. I felt so lucky and for the first time in a long time I was completely happy.

"The doctor said I can go home tomorrow" I said looking forward to starting my new life with Clive and our baby.

"I can't wait but I think you should get some sleep now, it's getting late and tomorrow is going to be a big day" Clive said wrapping me up into a hug.

"Will you stay until I fall asleep?" I asked closing my eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere" Clive said as he laid down next to me on the bed holding me in his arm.