(14) Sixteen, confused and pregnant!

Sixteen, confused and pregnant!

Chapter 14

Clive's POV

I can't believe how fast everything has changed, a few months ago I was the star quarterback and captain of the football team and Stephanie was the captain of the Cheerleading squad and the most popular girl in the school. Now she is pregnant with my baby and moving in with me and my family, don't get me wrong, I love Stephanie and I want her to be here more than anything I just can't believe how fast this has happened.

Stephanie looked quite shocked when I told her my mom said that it is ok if we sleep together. I don't blame her for being confused about it, I didn't believe it either but my mom insisted that she wants Stephanie to be happy and comfortable and if that is what it took then she didn't mind at all.

"I couldn't believe it either, but it's true" I said braking away from our kiss.

"Wow, your mom is really something else" Stephanie stated.

"Yip, I never could understand the things she does, she's never made any sense to me" I said honestly. My mom is really nice but really strange at the best of times.

"We should go downstairs to have lunch with your mom, I don't want her to think I don't appreciate what she's doing for me" Stephanie said as she got up from the bed pulling me up behind her.

We had lunch with my mom sitting around the dining room table, the food was great but I felt a bit uncomfortable. It felt like my mom was trying too hard to get Stephanie to feel comfortable and happy. After lunch Stephanie told me that she wanted to help my mom with the dishes so I went to my room to clean up a bit just in case Stephanie decided she wanted to sleep with me.

Stephanie's POV

I told Clive that I wanted to help his mother with the dishes but I actually just wanted to talk to her in private. She was acting really strange and I couldn't help but wonder why she was being so nice and helpful to me so I decided that I was just going to ask her. I helped her clean up and when we were done I asked her if I could talk to her. We sat down on the couch in the living room and I could see she looked a bit nervous.

"Firstly I wanted to thank you again, it's really nice what you are doing for me and I want you to know how much I appreciate it" I said wanting to make sure she understood how grateful I was.

"And secondly?" Clive's mom asked sensing that there was more to this conversation then that.

"Well, I can't help but wonder why you are doing this for me, it just seems so strange. I mean aren't you suppose to be like angry at me and Clive?"

"I suppose I should be but I'm not, if I tell you something would you promise not to tell anybody?"

"Uhm ok" I said hesitantly. I knew I was going to break this promise as soon as I made it, there was no way I was going to keep any secrets from Clive.

Clive's mom took my hand in hers and I could see that whatever she was about to tell me has been bothering her for a long time.

"We've got a lot in common" She stated.

"We do?" I asked encouraging her to continue.

"Yes we do, when I was fifteen I met a guy and I fell head over hills in love with him. We were dating for about a year and everything was perfect until I fell pregnant. I was sixteen just like you are now but unfortunately he wasn't as good a guy as I thought, as soon as I told him he took off and I never heard of him again. I was young and scared, I didn't tell my parents until I started showing. They were furious and when the baby was born they made me give it up for adoption, it was a little girl" Clive's mom looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry" I said feeling her pain, just the thought of giving my baby to somebody else and never seeing it again terrified me.

"Its ok sweetie, it was a very long time ago but it still hurts when I think about it. When Clive came home and told us that you were pregnant and about what you parents wanted you to do I just couldn't stand it so that's why I am doing this. I don't want you to end up regretting anything and hating yourself for it"

"Thank you for telling me that" I said giving her a hug.

"You needed to know, just remember not to tell anybody. I haven't told Clive or his dad and I don't want them finding out, it isn't something I am very proud of".

"I won't say a word" I said wondering if I would be able to keep this a secret from Clive, I don't think so.

After our talk I went upstairs to see what Clive was doing and found him in his room busy sorting out some clothes.

"Hi" I said wrapping my arms around him.

"Hi, that took long"

"Yea, I had a talk with your mom"

"About what?" Clive asked placing kisses down my jaw.

"I just wanted to thank her and I needed to know why she's doing all of this for me" I answered not sure how much I was going to tell him.

"I was wondering the same thing, what did she say?"

"Well let's just say everything makes much more sense now"

"You're not going to tell me what she said?" Clive asked looking at me teasingly.

"I kind of promised her I won't talk to anybody about it but if you really want to know I'll tell you, I'll do anything for you" I said honestly.

"I'm going to keep you to that you know"

"To what?"

"To doing anything for me" Clive said grinning at me.

"Yea, what do you want me to do?" I asked playing along.

"I don't know yet, I'll have to think about it and let you know but I really do think we should go get your stuff now so that we can get you settled in"

"I don't want to go, I don't want to see them"

"I know but I'll be there with you, I'm sure you want your stuff".

"I do but..."

"No buts, they told you to find somewhere to stay if you wanted to keep the baby and that's what you did, it was their choice not yours" Clive said trying to make me feel better.

"Ok, let's go and get it over with" I agreed knowing that I was going to have to do it sometime.

I was dreading seeing my parents again after what they had done to me. I mean I understand them being angry at me but throwing me out of the house because I didn't want to give up my baby was a bit harsh. I didn't know if they would be at the house or at work but I was really hoping they weren't going to be there so that I could just get my stuff and go back to my new home.