30.

Wynter Dawson.

"So how did you do last night without me?" I asked Tez as we walked hand in hand. He smirked, "pretty good I ordered some pizza and wings then I finished them off this mornin' y'all sit ain't nothin' like Chi deep dish though," he confessed.

"You always comparing something to Chicago nothing is better than home nigga, since you miss it so much won't you go?"

He eyed me, "if only you come wit' me."

I stared up at him, "you want me to go home with you?" He nodded his head, "if you like it we can stay for good they got some decent schools for Meli in certain areas and it'd be good for us to get a new start, if you feel what I'm sayin' I mean it's alot of shit goin' on down here it's like you can't catch a break. Maybe you'll find one in a new scenery," he confessed looking down at me with a sly smile. I nodded, "that's something I'll have to think about but I'll explore it with you."

"Yea' my folks down there," he smiled, "you ca' meet em."

"And I could meet fo nem? Them people you put everything on?" He nodded going into a fit of laughter, "yea' fasho."

____

"So Tez wants me to go to Chicago," I spoke into the phone talking to Anastasia, "he said if I like it maybe we could move down there and start over, you know? I like the idea somewhat to be truthful. A new start would be good for me but it may be hard on Meli considering her dad just moved back down here to be closer to her."

"Ben move," she shouted, "you said what now? You fucking tweaking," he replied, "ain't no way in hell you going to Chicago and staying.. I'm not letting you do it, period. And Kentrell damn sure ain't allowing that shit."

I rolled my eyes, "why is everything about Kentrell?"

"Cause bitch he's your best friend. You're our best friend, if you leave us bitch he will not be the same i guarantee that. Y'all been friends since birth basically. You couldn't do that to him or me, especially when we've just now gotten so close.." She sighed, "yeah I'm being selfish and I'm sure he will be too.."

I shook my head, "Kentrell will be fine without me I told him he needed to clear his head anyway. Maybe Chicago is better with distance between us maybe our feelings for each other will die out."

"Or they'll grow stronger," Ben butted in.

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice, "you movin' to whea'?" Kentrell questioned coming in from the other end of the phone.

I let out a breath of air, "why did she add you to the call?"

"Cause bitch you moving to Chicago!" She shouted in my ear annoyingly.

Stasia was beautiful but her voice was something I could never get used to. "Wynnie stop fuckin' playin' wit me," Kentrell announced, "you been playin' fuckin' mind games since yesterday," he said. I sunk down into the bed and kicked my feet becoming aggravated. The things I wanted to say to this man but there was no reason to start an argument. There was no reason to invest anymore feelings into our friendship besides those which applied to the friendship part. "Okay Kentrell," I stated calmly running my hand down my face pushing away my emotions.

"Tell her ass Trell," Stasia encouraged.

"He not telling me shit. I'm done with him taking over my life and if I wanna make a dramatic change without him I'll damn sure do it."

He chuckled, "Wynnie you gon' make me beat the fuck outta you, if yo ass dare step foot on a plane, a car, a boat anything like that I'm shootin' it down. I'm shootin' it up and I'm blowin' it into pieces." 

"I'm done with this conversation I'm so tired of you controlling me," I admitted with tears threatening to fall, "I can't believe I've allowed you to have this much control over me for all these years all because I've been in love with you. You're not a fucking protector like you claim to be. You're a leech and I'm tired of you sucking the life out of me. I completely mean this shit now and until the day I die, fuck you Kentrell. Fuck you so deeply and so sincerely," I spoke then I ended the call and tossed my phone aside. To be honest it had felt really good letting him know how I really felt but it was more than true, I was fed up with him as a person, as a friend, and whatever else we had going on.

I closed my eyes and swallowed hard then opened them feeling tears dance towards my sideburns.

The room door opened and Tez entered, tossing his jacket in the side chair. I sat up and quickly unnoticeably wiped my tears. "Hey baby," I called out to him forcing a smile. He shook his head slightly, "I heard everythang," he started, "y'all still got feelings for each otha' an-and you in love wit him?" He stared at me, "I tol'chu to throw all that bullshit out tha window a long fuckin' time ago so like is y'all fucking and shit, why is there still feelings there?"

"I am n-"

"Don't lie to me bitch."

My eyes widened and I removed myself from the bed, "bitch? I'm not lying to you."

He leaned forward a bit, "when the last time y'all fucked?"

I slipped a strand of hair behind my ear and folded my arms over my chest. I wanted to tell him but I didn't want him to leave me. "Answer my fuckin' question b," he demanded staring at me with his eyes darkening. I began chewing on my bottom lip, "I'm not lying to you.." I spoke which was almost inaudible.

"That's not what I asked you Wynter."

"Okay I'll tell you," I mumbled playing with my fingers nervously.

He tilted his head to the side, "I can wait if that's coo wit'chu," he announced sarcastically.

I looked down at my toes it was like I couldn't even look at him anymore cause I was feeling so guilty. "WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU FUCKED HIM?" He yelled in my face.

"YESTERDAY!" I shouted back.

The room fell completely silent as if he was collecting his thoughts and his words. It felt like something was stabbing me over and over seeing him hurt and I couldn't do anything but allow it to happen. He swallowed, "how long y'all been fuckin' like since we got togetha? Or did it jus' so happen yesterday or was it way befo' that party shit?"

"We had stopped be-because I loved you and I didn't want to hurt you but it's been happening lately."

"It's been happening?"

I nodded, "lately."

Tez looked at me with disgust, "why tha fuck you waste my time like this? I gotcho fuckin' face tattooed on my arm Wynter! If you wanted to be wit him you ain't have to drag me along like I'm a dummy bitch or somethin'!" He shouted at me having me jump with every word that left his mouth. "On fo you ain't shit," he kissed his teeth.

"Tez I love you that's why I broke it off with Kentrell completely," I grabbed his hand wanting him to look at me.

He shook his head, "nah you was usin' me to get over yo feelings which never left i ain't fuckin' stupid," he snatched his hand away. I wiped my tears pulling him back to face me, "okay you're right bu-but I do genuinely love you and it was never my intention to hurt you. I fell for you without even realizing that I woul- ouch!" I cried out as he pushed me and my ass greeted the floor. "Tez please," I crawled to him reaching up for his hands. He stood there emotionless trying to pull away, "stop you fuckin' look stupid Wynter."

"I love you please," I cried out.

"Go be with dat nigga," he yanked his hands away and exited the room. I collapsed to the floor and began sobbing dramatically.

I didn't want him to leave me. He was actually the only thing keeping to planted honestly. Now there was nothing. I did love him which was why I wanted to cut ties with Kentrell in the first place but doing so I guess I hurt Tez more than anything. That's not what I wanted to do. I should've never let it happen but I guess it was karma making her way back around as she always did but I didn't expect her to move so fast the way she did.