04.

I tossed the dolls in the large toy chest which had gold crowns all over them. I hadn't realized how much of a mess A'melia left my living room until I came home the next morning. I plugged the vacuum cord into the wall and turned it on. I began running over the carpet which had many lint and things like that on it.

Once I finished with that I wiped down the coffee table and organized the couch pillows.

I picked up a wrapper which was to a Magnum condom. It was open and there was no condom inside. I looked around starting to think but nothing came to mind. Kentrell hadn't been here and I'm more than sure this probably fell out of Three's pocket when he started playing dollies with Melia. Cause I know for sure me and Trell don't use these.. Sadly.

The doorbell rung and I walked to it, "who is it?" I called out not even bothering to look out the peephole.

"Me," a voice said.

I unlocked the door and I was greeted by a large teddy bear and some roses.

"What's all this for?" I asked Kentrell with a sly smile on my face.

He sighed and entered the house, pushing the bear into my hands. I sniffed the roses as I began to shut the door. "I jus' wanted to apologize for the way I acted.. But we ain't got this shit tatted on us for nothin'," he referred to our matching L.O.E. tattoos we got a few years ago.

"Loyalty over everything," I read aloud.

"Exactly," he stated not bothering to say another word.

I placed the bear onto couch along with the roses with the wrapper still in my hand. "What's dat?" He questioned while gripping my small wrist looking directly at the label.

"Since when we started usin' condoms Wynnie?" He wondered while releasing my wrist. I walked over the garbage can tossing it inside, "I guess it fell out of Three's pocket or Ben's.." I shrugged not really caring too much about it.

"Or did ya use it last night?"

I glared at him seeing he was rather serious. "Why would I use it?"

He shrugged, "Ion know you tell me."

I didn't wanna argue with him in all honesty. It would get us nowhere and cause us to hate each other. Possibly not even talking for a week or two because that's how stubborn his ass was. If anything I'm suprised he apologized this soon. "You sound stupid Kentrell.."

"I'm goin' home," he announced standing to his feet. He wanted me to chase after him but I refused.

I walked to the door and opened it for him, he followed and towered over me a bit. He stared down at my bare facial features and I stared up at him. "Keep actin' like that," he mumbled with  diamonds twinkling amongst his teeth.

"I will."

"Why?" He asked with his voice getting lower and lower.

I sighed, "because I will.. You said you wanted to go so go."

He gently caressed my chin and started to lean in. I moved my head before he could place his lips on mine. "Alright then," he then exited the door and walked towards his car with his pants hanging below his ass as usual.

I slammed the door and I sighed to myself.

_____

"So how was school today baby?" I asked my daughter as she wasn't even bothering to pay me any attention. She was too invested in her large head phones and tablet where she was watching one of her little shows or either dressing someone up.

"It was okay!" She shouted over the headphones, "this boy Thomas wants to be my man. I sa-said no. He he is not cute." She spoke sassily possibly rollinf her little neck.

I let out a laugh, "yeah I feel you but never judge a man on appearance, Thomas will probably treat you better than Franklin ever did."

"Forget abou' Frank mommy. I'm over it."

My phone began ringing and I completely ignored it knowing I needed to focus on the road. It finally stopped ringing then started back up once more. "Baby girl you want something to eat?" I looked in the rearview seeing she nodded her head full of curls.

"McDonalds?"

"Yes mommy."

I pulled into the nearest McDonalds. I cut the engine and reached back unclipping the safety belt around A'melia. I grabbed my small holographic back pack from the passenger seat and exited the car. I opened her door so she could exit also. I unzipped my back pack while she raced to the door, opening for me. I had several missed calls and messages from Marlo. I totally forgot we had something planned but I didn't think it was going on anymore since the event that happened the night before.

A'melia ran inside the playroom and removed her shoes. I saw there were several other children so I had almost nothing to worry about.

I stepped up to order and called Marlo back once I was finished.

"$10.83," she announced my total and I swiped my card. She passed me my receipt and two cups, one large and the other small.

"Wassup?"

"Look Marlo I'm really sorry about the other night.. I knew we were supposed to hang out but I didn't know if that was still supposed to happen."

I filled the cups up with ice then filled them both with fruit punch. "That's all good but say ya' knew that nigga?" He questioned seeming curious. I'm more than sure he saw me discussing with Kentrell before everything blew out of proportion. "No," I lied. I didn't want to get in the mix of anything and I knew what Marlo was capable of. The shit wasn't even that deep but now it seemed to be.

"Word around town that's yo man," he chuckled.

I shook my head quickly, "Kentrell is not my man." I then scrunched my face in disappointment because I just said his name.

"Kentrell huh?"

"Nah Bentrell."

He laughed, "you don't have to protect him girl I ain't gon' hurt yo man. I don't need ya fine ass cryin' at his funeral," he informed darkly.

I grabbed our tray of food and walked to the playroom with the phone between my ear and shoulder. "Anyways how it going?" I wondered.

"Decent I gotta go," he rushed of the phone and I was going to speak until I heard the dial tone.

Fuck Trell is about to be in some shit.. Once again, I thought to myself.