Zarahi

Zarahi up top

I look into the cages and see people. I turn to Selenes and Jayden, "I'm going to look. You two stay here." I shift into my bear. And no, not the moon bear Selene asked. It's a black bear. I climb down which is surprisingly easy. I walk in front of the cages and look at the people in them. Some of them shrink away from me and others just don't care and ignore me. I shift back and quietly run along the cages. I have to look for my parents first. I promised Leona I would look for them.

I don't find anyone over the age of 30. Are they just looking for young people? Then why would they take my parents? Maybe it's because they're my parents? I spend an hour looking for them but I can't find them. Why can't I find them? Did something happen to them? I'm sorry Leona, I failed you...
I go back to the cages and look for people who look well enough to travel. Theirs one that draws me though. It's a girl in the same white cloths me and Leona we're in when we were here. She has hazel eyes and strange green hair. She slowly looks up into my eyes and scoots to the back of the cage

Kneeling in front of the cage I raise my hands up to show that nothing is in them, "I'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to help you o-" theirs a bang down the long corridor and I curse under my breath. I look back at the girl in a hurry, "Please let me help you. I feel drawn to you and I don't know why. I swear we're not with them. I was in here before but I escaped." I beg, "Please." She nods and slowly trys to stand but falls. She can't walk. Well I can take care of that. I break the lock and see someone running down the corridor, "Shit." I come up to her and look into her eyes, "Don't be afraid. I'm going to need you to climb on my back okay? And hold tight." She nods and I take that as permission to shift. I do and she doesn't look afraid just shocked, "I turn and jerk my big head to my back.

She climbs on and I run for it. The person raises their weapon and starts firing. I do my best to avoid everything and climb backup the cages. I see Jayden and Selene laying down on the cages. Guess they got bored but at least they listened to me. I let out a loud roar and they jump up, on guard. Well that got their attention. They see it's me and start running towards me. I stop in front of them and nod to the girl on my back. Selene helps her off and I shift back, "We need to hurry. Someone is on my tail." Selene snickers and I scowl at her, "Not now." I look at the three, "Anyways, I'm going to shift into my dragon and you guys are going to have to quickly climb on and hold on extremely tight. This is going to make a mess and be loud."

They nod but the girl looks at me confused. I give her a small smile, "I know you just met me but trust me." She meets my eyes and nods. Okay now let's do it. I back up a few yards and crouch. I feel my bones shift around and grow and groan. I'll never get use to that. Once I'm down I flatten myself so they can help the girl onto my back and climb on. I hear the gun going off and quickly stand back up. I look and see that the hole is far away. Well guess I have to make another one. I do my best to punch a hole in the roof with my wing, but when it only makes a small hole. I here a shout of pain and drive my head into the roof trying to hurry. A sharp pain goes through my head at the impact but I can't stop.

I ram my head into it again and it collapses. I curl my wings against my back to protect them from the rubble and do it a few more times. I feel the bullets bouncing off me as I make a hole in the roof. I look and see more people coming towards us and decide to just go for it. I jump up and ram myself into the roof climbing out. I do everything I can to keep the three on my back from coming to harm as I climb out. Once we're on the surface I quickly shift back which leads to them all falling on me. I grunt and push them off me, "Come on. Come on. We need to go before they get up here." I help them up and notice Selene bleeding, "Selene what?" I shake my head and turn to Jayden, "Can you carry her? We need to run." He nods and I pick up the dazed green haired girl. She yelps as I lift her and clutches my shoulders. Looking at her I say, "Hold on. We're going to run." She nods and I wait for Jayden to get in front of me before taking off.

I follow after Jayden as we head back to the mansion. Every few minutes I'll look behind me thinking we're being followed but we aren't. It would take them to much time to alert the higher-ups and have them come out, much less climb up through the hole in the roof. None of us speak and I keep glancing at Selene, worried. We make it back to the mansion and Jayden bursts through the door and shouts, "Need a little help here!" I run in and decide that it'd be best not to have them worry about someone new and run up to my room before they see me. The girl looks at me confused as I run up the stairs. I shake my head, "They don't need to worry about a stranger right now. But I'll be back up in a few minutes don't worry. If you're not in to much pain you can go to sleep." I shift her to one arm and open my door before walking in and gently setting her on the bed before going to my dresser and taking out some pain meds I have that I got for Amy.

I freeze. Why did I think of her? Goddamn it. I shake my head and slam my fist onto the dresser. Why can't I just forget about her? I shake my head again and turn to the girl, "Sorry. Here I'll get you some water to take with these." I set them on the bedside table and go to the bathroom taking a little cup and filling it. I come back out to see her laying down. I walk over and nudge her, "Hey sit up real quick so you can take this." She sits ups slowly with a wince and I hand her the water and get her some medicine. She takes it and I help her lay back down, "I'll be back okay?" She nods and closes her eyes.

I leave and run down the stairs going to the living room. Selene's on the couch with everyone around her. I walk up and grip Nyx's shoulder tightly, "Everyone back up and give her space. Stop hovering." Everyone but Renae and Chip back up. I walk up to them and ask, "What happened?" Renae looks at me with slightly teary eyes, "It's not to bad. She was just grazed but I'm sure that hurt nonetheless." I nod. I was to worried to look for the wound or ask so I made Jayden carry her just in case. I smirk at Selene when she looks at me, "How ya feeling tiger?" Selenes chuckles and shakes her head, "I'm fine man but Renae won't let me up so I'm stuck here."

I laugh and turn to Chip, "How's Cynthia?" Chip shakes his head, "She's up and about. She's as hyper as ever. You'll find her somewhere around here. But Jayden said that you went up to your room so that's probably where she is." I turn and run up the stairs. Shit, I don't want Cynthia alone with her. I open the door quietly but stop when I see Cynthia talking with the girl. She smiles tiredly at Cynthia, "Hey little one. What are you doing in here?" Cynthia climbs onto the bed and sits in front of her, "This is momma's room." I cover my mouth with a hand, trying not to choke up. That's the first time I've really heard her call me her mom.

The girl tilts her head,. "The chick with the white hair is your mom?" Cynthia nods happily, "Yeah! She's my new momma. And I like her more then my first. She takes care of me and loves me." I smile. But maybe I'll ask about her last couple of sentences later. Well I've easdropped enough. I slowly open the door more and walk in. I look at Cynthia, "There you are my little monster. What are you doing up here?" Cynthia smiles and jumps off the bed running to me. I kneel and catch her as she jumps into my arms, "I was looking for you. Uncle Chip and Auntie looked after me while you were gone." I stand up and pick her up, setting her on my side, "Well I'm right here and I'm glad they did. How are you feeling?"

Cynthia thinks about it for a second, "It still hurts a little bit." I nod and set her on the bed, "Well it'll feel better soon okay? Stay strong for me." Cynthia bounces on the bed and I smile. Shaking my head I turn to the girl, "Sorry about that. This is my daughter Cynthia. And I didn't introduce myself, I apologise." I offer her my hand, "I'm Macona." She takes my hand hesitantly with a small smile, "I'm Zarahi. But if it is not to much may I ask how do you know about the Govies?"

"'Govies'?" I ask. We call them Doomins. Well we always have. Zarahi shrugs, "Government so Govies." I nod, "That makes sense. Also the reason I know them is because they took me and my sister Leona. We escaped with some help and then everything went to Hell. I'm preparing for war. To finally get rid of them." Zarahi hums in thought, "War? Do you think you're prepared enough to fight them? You are going to need a lot of people to stand a chance against them."

I look down, "I know but I don't know where to look for first. We're running out of time. And I'm getting impatient." Zarahi lays a hand over mine, "Send out different people to ask others to join you." She chuckles, "Now if you don't mind, do you think you could sew my leg up?" I look at her confused and then gasp when she moves her leg and I notice a gash on her thigh, "Oh I'm sorry. Sure I can do that. I'll need to clean the blood off from around it fir-" She raises a hand and I stop, "What?"

"After you're done with my leg I'll help you with you're head. It's only fair." She says pointing to my head. I shrug, "I can live with that."

What do y'all think of Zarahi? Will she betray them? Is she an ally? Hmmm