An Old Friend

Recap:

We go a mile or two into the woods before I freeze in a clearing and smirk before I let out a growl alerting him of my presence.

He locks eyes with me for a second before a sound somewhere off the the side of him catches our attention. He spins around and looks towards the thing that made the sound, "What are you doing here?! I told you to not follow me!" With a smirk still on my face I slowly creep up behind him. I hear someone shout, "Octavian behind yo-!" I see Lynda jump in front of them before I can see them. Guess that's who she was drawn to. Okay I can work with this. I quickly wrap my arm around his neck while he's distracted with those to. He puts his hands on my arm trying to struggle out, "Come on Octavian, I thought you were stronger then this." I look back up and shift slightly to the side and see that it's a girl, "Ah seems you found someone. Lynda! Come back here with the group and leave the girl alone."

Lynda bows and runs back towards the others how are nearly here. Octavian groans, "Come on Mac, we haven't seen each other in years and you sneak up on me like this? Lets make it a fair fight." With a chuckle I release him and step back and he steps back in front of the girl, "Okay, alright. If you really think you can beat meme, but first introduce me to your cute friend on the ground." I look at the girl and give her a playful wink. Octavian turns to the girl, "Get up and come here Becca. Macona." He turns and smirks at me, "Tell your friends to come out to. We'll have a little audience." I match his smirk and call out behind me, "Come on guys. Meet an old friend of mine!" They all come out and I see Lynda turned back into her human form. I smile when Cynthia runs up to me and hugs my leg tightly, "This is my daughter. Adopted, mind you. The others behind me are Senrie, Asher, Lynda, Chip, Nyx, and Josiah." I notice that the girl doesn't take her eyes off of me as I name off my companions names. I turn and and realize she's not looking at me she's looking at my mark, and turn it against me side.

Octavian walks over and picks the girl up and places her in front of us, "This is Becca." He points towards me, "That is Macona , an old friend of mine." The girl shyly presses herself close to him and doesn't say anything. Octavian rolls his eyes, "Now Kitty say something." At his words she slowly steps away from him and thats when I get a better look at her. She has long brown hair with green eyes, "H-Hi..." I here foot steps and hear Lynda in my ear, "It's the girl. May I approach?" I nod leaving the rest of that to her. She goes straight up to the girl, "Becca. I feel a connection with you. More then her majesty and I. And that surprises me. Will you allow me to stay with you miss?" The girl looks taken a back, "Who's majesty?"

Lynda looks back towards me and points, "That is her majesty, my Queen." Beccas eyes widen again and look towards Octavian. As if asking if she can. Which I'm confused as to why since it involves her and not him but whatever. He sighs, "Great. Two girls sleeping in my dorm room. At this rate I should just buy us a house to stay in. But sure she can come with, as long as Mac will allow it." Everyone turns to me waiting for an answer. I lock eyes with Lynda and see hope and joy in them and give her one of my most gentle smiles. I'm happy that she found someone with a stronger connection. She looks so happy even though she just met Becca, "Yeah, I'm fine with that. Follow your heart. Just promise to come visit us some time." Lynda nods and goes to stand beside Becca. Becca smiles at Lynda, when Lynda nods at her she shifts back into her wolf. Maybe she feels more comfortable in that state around her. I see Becca stare at Lynda with wide eyes as she says, "Okay, that's new."

I let out a laugh. Is she serious? Has she never seen someone shift?, "It's not that new darlin'." Becca tilts her head at me. I laugh at the confusion on her face thinking it's a joke then nearly choke when I realize that she's not joking, "Seriously? You don't know anything?" Turning to Octavian I raise an eyebrow at him, "You haven't told your girlfriend anything about our side of the world?" Octavian narrows his eyes at me in slight anger and embarrassment, "She's not my girlfriend, she's my liability and my responsibility." I glance at Becca and see she look down. Ouch man. I feel sorry for her. But Octavian is a nice guy when you get to know him. But he can still be an asshole. Hopefully she knows that and doesn't take that to personally. He has his reasons for keeping people at a distant. With a sigh I say, "Octavian. My friend. After our little fight your going to need to have a chat with your 'liability', but I will need to speak to you as well."