"Girl"

I stay quiet as Jayden cleans my back up since the stitches got stretched and  started bleeding again since that little tussle with Octavian. I haven't seen him in years. He's grown up quite a bit. And he's gotten stronger. I remember when father made him train with me. Because Octavian's mother and my father's were close friends, so they thought that it'd be a good idea for him to train with me.
I was eight when father made me start training. But even before then my childhood was never normal. I was ten when I was told to train with Octavian or as his mom called him Amy, but that name wasn't meant for him, and he was seven.

It seemed like they wanted to test us. Because we were both sort of like prodigies at our young age. Our parents pushed us to train and train. But Octavian had it worse then me. His mom pushed him in intellectual things as hard as his training. While my parents just pushed me in training. They just gave me the basic importance of education. I'm not stupid by any means but I'm not a genius either. I remember what happened back then. How different we were then.....

9 years ago~

"MACONA! GET OVER HERE!" I hear my father in the house yell over the pounding of my fists against the punching bag. Jake wasn't with me today because he was training to new rookies. I was a special trainee I guess since I didn't get to train with anyone. I gets lonely sometimes. But it's better this way. No attachments means no weaknesses. I shake my hands to rid my hands of the throbbing and jog over to the house.

I go through the back door and freeze when I see strangers in the kitchen with father. I stand up straight and make my face void of emotion, "Yes, father?" The strangers eyes turn to me as they just notice my presence. Grey motions for me to take a seat. I do, taking the one furthest away from all of them. I notice theirs is a child as well. Sitting there and looking down at the table unmoving, "Macona this is Acria and her daughter Amy. I want you to train with Amy and test your abilities against each other's."

I bow my head towards him, "Very well." He nods and stands motioning for us to follow out the back door. The kid lags behind and I wait for her to pass out the door before following. I don't know why father wants me to train with this child even if I am one myself, but it doesn't seem like this child can hold their own. Her body language tells me that she's trying to close out the world. She doesn't want to be here. Doesn't want to do this. Doesn't want to be around us. But her body language also doesn't match one of a females. Which is strange to me since father said Amy was Acria's daughter. Hmm interesting.

Father waves me over, "Stand in front of Amy. She knows how to fight also. I want to test your abilities against her, as does Acria. Now we will be going inside to further discuss things. You shall begin whenever as long as it begins soon." I nod and stare straight at Amy. As soon as father and Amy's mother is out of sight I turn and go to my ice chest by the punching bag. I take out a water and throw it at Amy. She doesn't react and it hits her in the side of the head. She stumbles and looks up to glare at me.

I nod to her, "You're not very aware of your surroundings. With your head down like that your guard is down as well. Pay attention Amy." She glares at me with a low growl, "Don't call me that. My name's Octavian." I smirk, "So that's what it is. I thought you weren't exactly a girl. Your body language is different along with the reactions. And it would seem you think before reacting, sometimes at least. You were studying me and seeing whether it'd be best for you to retaliate or not. But it seems that you instead decided to try to stay calm. Smart."

Octavian looks at me confused, "And you know that without me talking?" My smirk stays in place, "Yes, I do not socialize with others much, I instead observe them. So you call yourself Octavian anything else I need to know kid?" Octavian glares at me again, "You're a kid too. Also I'm not a girl." Thought so. So Octavian is a boy trapped in a girls body. I shrug, "I don't think as a kid so I don't classify myself as such. But you, you are a kid but also not. You seem to have a few tendencies of a child while you also are mature and think things through unlike a child." Octavian thinks about this for a second before shrugging. She picks up the water and takes a big gulp of it. I sip and set it on the cooler, "You ready to train? Lets see what you got."