Smarter then the looks

I sit Cynthia down in her seat and take my glass taping my fork against it to get everyones attention, "Okay not all of us are going to the Doomins main base. I will need people to stay here. Also it would be best to not have a big group heading in. We only need a few people. Jayden is, of course, coming with us for his proof. Selene I will need you at my side. The rest of you stay here and wait for us, understand?" I see Chip stand up ready to argue, "Chip sit back down. I don't want anyone arguing with me about this. we don't need a lot of people with us. This is a rescue mission and we need to be stealthy. With a big groups that is hard to accomplish. So Jayden, Selene be when the sun sets, thats when we leave."

We all sit down and eat breakfast together in silence. When Cynthia gets done eating she starts bouncing in her seat, "Can we go do something fun? What can we do? Hey Makky, can we go play?" I set my milk down and smile at her, "Sure, Cyn what do you want t-" I'm cut off by Chip, "Renae and I can go play with Cynthia Mac. Renae needs to be an Aunt and I need practice since I'm a soon to be parent." I raise an eyebrow at him and look to Renae to see if she okay with that. She shrugs, "Sure I'd love to play a game with my niece." I hesitantly nod and look at Cynthia, "You wanna go play with your Aunt Renae and Uncle Chip?" She nods slowly and jumps forward out of her seat to me and gives me a tight hug. I set her down and she goes over to Chip and starts tugging on his hand, making him stand up or get pulled out of his chair.

I don't think Cynthia completely trusts everyone here but she'll come to eventually. I turn to Jayden and Selenes, "After you two are finished gather what you need and meet me out front and we'll discuss the plan." They nod and Selene smirks at me, "You got it boss. Rescue mission is a go." I chuckle and wave them off. I finish my food and go outside and sit on the porch watching Renae, Chip and Cynthia play. Well actually Cynthia's making them play. In trying to help Cynthia warm up they don't know that Cyn is smarter then she looks. She knows what they're doing and she's making them work for it or as much as she can seeing as she's amused. She's got Renae trying to climb and tree with Chip after her. They're trying to convince Cynthia to climb up with them but she's telling them that she doesn't feel safe doing that so they're trying to prove it is safe.

With a chuckle I walk over and stand under the tree with Cynthia and kneel down to whisper, "having fun?" Cynthia giggles, "Mmhmmm definitely." I shake my head. I hope she will want to train with me when she gets older, I feel like she'd be one Hell of an opponent if she's trained. She's already smart and if she go stronger and faster she'll go far. I smile at her, "I lov-" I'm cut off as somebody slams onto my back with a shout, "Shit!" I bend forward but don't fall and eat dirt. With a growl I sit up making the person slide off my back. I turn around and see Chip. I sigh, "Really Chip? You're pregnant be more careful or I'll put you under lockdow-"

"CATCH ME!!" I look up just in time to see Renae jump, "Shit." I open my arms to catch her and grunt at impact. I caught her bridal style and she grins up at me, "Nice catch. You finally can catch after how many times you couldn't catch her." Renae winks at me and jumps out of my arms. I look at her confused as she helps Chip up. Who's her? "ReRe who's 'her'?" Renae looks at me with sad eyes again, "You really don't remember. I don't know all what they did to you and I don't think you do either but they succeeded in making you lose most of your memories. The 'her' I'm talking about is Rosaleen. You guys would always climb trees together. She was a human but we made an exception for her since you promised to look after her."

I look down, "I don't remember that " I mutter. She was human? We never allowed humans into our home. How was she an exception? I have so many questions but I don't think Renae can answer then all. I shake my head and look at the three, ",Why don't y'all play something more safe. Go inside and find a game or something." They nod and Cynthia pouts and I lift her into my arms, "when it gets dark it's not gonna be that safe outside, okay? Stay inside please, my little monster." She smiles and hugs me, "Okay Makky." I pull back and put my forehead to hers, "Thank you. Help me look after them while I'm not here okay?" She nods and I chuckle, "Good now go catch up to them before they decide on a game without you." Cynthia gasps and takes off towards the house.

I turn and watch the forest. I don't know what's going to happen or what's out there but we've got to be ready for it. I've got to protect everyone one. I've lost to many people already, I'm not willing to lose anymore. We've all been through things and I don't want to but them through any pain. It's already going to be crazy once we start preparing for war. And even then I don't know if we'll all make it through that. All I can do is hope.

"Little light...." I hear a voice say softly behind me and turn around only to stumble back, "I-It can't b-be."

oOoOOh who might it be? Guess you'll see in the next chapter ;)