29 - NEGAN

Saviors are in our damn way.

All of us apart from Maggie got out of the RV, guns and rifles in our hands, as we approached them. There's a good distance between us and them, Rick has his hands and gun up. The rest of us don't. Before I left the RV, I made sure to hide my switchblade real good inside my right boot. Just in case.

There was a bloodied man lying on the ground, as the man, who I assumed is their leader, spoke up. "He's someone who was with a whole lot of someones who didn't listen."

"We can make a deal, right here, right now." Rick says to him.

"That's right, we can." The man agreed but I feel like there's something else. "Give us all your stuff," I was right. "We'll probably have kill one of you. That's just the way it is, but then we start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen."

I looked around to see if there's any rifles aimed towards us, there isn't, so I put my attention back on the man and Rick. "Yeah... that deal's not gonna work for us. Fact is, I was about to ask for all your stuff, only I'm thinking I don't have to kill any of you. Any more of you."

The leader motioned for the man behind him and the latter steps forward. He was shaking a spray can before spraying something on the bloodied man, then the leader spoke again. "Sorry, my deal is the only deal. We don't negotiate."

Then it's settled, Rick motions for us to retreat. "Me and my people are leaving."

"Okay, friend. Plenty of ways to get to where you're going." The man says as we back up.

Aaron gets inside the RV first before I do, then followed by everyone else. The last one to enter was Rick, who exchanged a few more words to the Savior, before getting in. I sat down next to Carl and saw the man wave mockingly at us, before he kicks the man laying on the ground, making me look away.

I pat Carl's leg twice before standing up. "I'm gonna go check on Maggie."

He gives me a nod before I go to where Maggie and Aaron are. I gave Aaron a polite nod. Maggie opened her eyes when she heard me come in. "What was that?"

"It's just some assholes." I told her, rubbing the back of her hand with the pad of my thumb.

"Saviors?" Maggie asked and I chuckled, nodding my head.

"I'm glad you think of 'em as assholes." I told Maggie before telling her to get some rest. She needs it. Whatever is going on with her and the baby, she needs to take a rest. I just hope we don't come across any more Saviors and get to the Hilltop fast.

"How long have you known each other?" Aaron asked me suddenly, making me look at him.

I glanced at Maggie before looking back at him. "Months after everything started. Maggie's dad saved Carl when he accidentally got shot, they took us in. And here we are."

The RV stops and Rick announced that we need to find another route. After that, we heard footsteps approaching and we both turn to see Carl. He gives my shoulder a squeeze as he looks out of the window, spotting a walker by the field.

He turns to Aaron. "Why didn't you stay back and help guard the place?"

Aaron looks at Maggie. "I owe her." We all looked at the latter, before the former speaks again. "Why did you?"

"I owe them."

— later

"Bitch nuts."

I lifted my head off of Carl's shoulder when I heard Abraham said that and felt the RV slowing down a little. We all looked ahead and saw another group of men, Saviors again. Jeez, how many men does Negan have?