9 - COMMUNITY

Bringing Aaron back to our group and letting him talk about his so-called community, didn't turn our very well. Rick ended up punching him across the face, knocking the poor guy out, before he woke up minutes after that and continued to try and convince us to go to his community. I understand Rick's hesitation, we all do especially after what went down at Terminus. We're skeptic people but I'm sure Aaron understands it.

A creepy thing Aaron said was that he's been watching us, following us. He was the one who left those bottles of water on the road, and there are two of them. Although the other one went another way to maybe find another group.

If I'm going to be honest, I don't feel that much threat towards Aaron. He seems like he's telling the truth. My gut is telling me that we should believe him, to give it a go, and my gut is always right. But I'm doubtful, which isn't the first time.

Michonne eventually convinced Rick to give it a go. She, Maggie, Rosita and Abraham are gonna go and find the car Aaron was talking about, while the rest of us scatter and stay on watch, just in case. Rick and Judith stays back at the barn with a tied up Aaron.

Carl and I took our own way, separating from the group. I took him to the spot where Maggie, Sasha and I were at earlier. The view's still beautiful even without the sunrise.

"What do you think?" I asked as soon as we settled on the log.

"I don't know. It was pretty weird that that Aaron guy was smiling after he got punched." Carl starts and I chuckled, shaking my head. Yeah, he has a point. Who smiles after getting punched in the face? No one, but then there's Aaron. "I wanna give it a go. That community he was talking about," Carl tells me. "But my dad... he's having a hard time trusting again."

"Don't we all?" I defend Rick. Carl nods in agreement before asking me what I think about the community Aaron was talking about. There were photographical evidence of the place, and it looked really barricaded and safe. "My gut says he's telling the truth. I always trust my gut."

Carl lets out a chuckle, before I continue talking. "But think about it. If Aaron's telling the truth, if that community really exists and they're good people... we can have a place we can call home again. Food, shelter, protection... shower, which we all desperately need."

Carl and I laughed together even though it wasn't a funny joke. I don't think that was even a joke. I just told the truth. We all stink, we smell like walker guts, muds, sweats and the smell of the ground when it's drying up.

"I know it's hard, especially after Terminus," I trailed off, looking at Carl. "But we gotta give it a chance. Your dad's smart, all of us are, and I'm sure we'll figure out a way to find out whether that place is really safe or not."

Carl is smiling and I don't know why. "What's the smile for?"

He shakes his head and lets out a small chuckle. "Nothing, it's just that... you sound hopeful again."

I smiled a little as well. "Never lose hope. That's what my mom said."

Carl smiles even more before leaning forward and planting a quick kiss on my lips. My heart starts beating fast and my smile instantly widens as I look into Carl's eyes. They're dazzling again, then again, when were they not?

"We're supposed to be on watch." Carl reminds us before we laughed, shaking our heads. "You should smile more, Farren. It suits you."

I looked at Carl with an eyebrow raised before making funny faces. He laughs at my face and I soon joined him. His laugh is music to my ears, it sounds so good. Making Carl laugh used to be what my mission back when we were at our very first camp, with Shane and the others, now I'm more obliged to keep him happy and laughing every time.