21 - PANIC

"Farren..."

"Ron, help me with her."

"She's waking up, man."

"Farren, get up!"

Snarls and growls of walkers immediately filled my ears and my eyes snapped open. I felt two pairs of arms around me and they helped me get up. When I looked up, I saw that it was Carl and Ron.

"We gotta run!" Ron tells us as we started backing away from
the herd.

"Can you run?" Carl hurriedly asked me and I nod without a doubt.

We started running away from the herd, bumping into Michonne and Gabriel along the way. I can feel blood trickling down my arm and I saw that there was a long gash on it. That must've happened when shit hit the fan and the impact made me fall and get knocked out.

We saw Rick with an injured Deanna as we ran and Michonne called to him.

"Good, you're safe. Come on." Rick tells and we gather around as we run.

I pulled my gun out and started shooting at the walkers that gets too close. I'm right beside Carl and Rick. I came to a hault and placed an arm in front of Carl to stop him as well, when a group of walkers got in our way.

"What do we do?" I asked, panicking.

A few gunshots went off and a few walkers are dead because Jessie shot them. "Come on, I have Judith!"

We ran inside her house before closing the door and locked the door, before shutting the blinds. Once we were done, Carl and I went upstairs to get Judith. We found her inside one of the rooms and Carl grabs her, kissing her head the same time I did.

"Oh, thank god." I breathe out before we leave the room.

Deanna is in the other room next to the room Judith was. Jessie, Rick and Michonne are patchimg her up while Gabriel and Ron are downstairs. Sam, Jessie's youngest, closed his bedroom door, looking fazed and lost. I've seen that look before on Lizzie, and I know he's gonna lose it if he doesn't get his shit together.

Rick checked on Judith before telling us to put her back in her room and check downstairs. We do just that, but not before checking on Deanna to see how she's doing. Apparently, she's been bitten on her side and there's nothing we can do about it.

Carl and I went downstairs and immediately heard walkers pounding against the doors and covered windows. I backed away as I try to control my breathing and not panic. Carl noticed and placed his hand on my back, rubbing gently as he tries to help me control my breathing.

"I'm fine." I am not having a panic attack, not right now.

"You're bleeding." He told me, gesturing to my bleeding arm. He grabs a cloth from the table and wraps it around my gash, me wincing as he does.

"My mom." I pant. "S-She's out there. We have to find her. Maggie and the others too, they're out there and—"

Carl grabs me by my upper arms, making me look into his eyes. "Farren, get it together. We're going to find them, not now but later. You need to stay in control, okay? Last thing we need for you is panicking."

I sighed and nodded, before Carl continued patching me up. She's gonna be fine, Farren. Your mom can take care of herself, so can Maggie, Rosita, Tara and the others. They're strong women. I told myself that before calming down.

I looked around the room once he's done and noticed Ron was gone. "Where's Ron?"

Carl sighs. "I'm gonna find him. You stay here."