10 - ALEXANDRIA

Judith is laid on the seat between me and Carl as we were at the backseat. Rick is driving while Michonne is beside him. We're heading straight to Alexandria and I have admit, I'm anxious and a little nervous. But this little angel right here is making me less anxious and nervous.

Well, two angels.

No one spoke, we all just sat in silence and it was a good kind of silence. A gate and big walls came to view, and my anxiousness grows as we stopped in front of the gate. Here we are in Alexandria.

Michonne puts her hand on top of Rick's. "You ready?"

Carl and I glanced at each other with knowing looks, before looking back at them. Rick takes a glance at Carl, before nodding his head. "Yeah... yeah."

Michonne took a glance back and her eyes catches mine. She saw the smirk on my face and rolls her eyes at me. I see you, Michonne. I see you two.

All of us got out of the car and Rick grabbed Little Ass-Kicker, as everyone from the RV gets out. My mom hugged me for a second, and we wait for the gates to open.

Seconds later, the gates opened, revealing an unknown man. He looked skeptic when he saw us, especially since we're armed, but we'll do no harm unless we feel threatened. Aaron and Eric were the first ones to go in, before we all started walking towards the gate.

A sudden rustle of leaves to our left startles us and we all point our guns at the direction. It was a possum. I remember that from one of our visits to the zoo. Daryl shoots it with his crossbow and grabs it. To be quite frank, I haven't eaten a squirrel or a possum before.

"We brought dinner." Daryl said, amusing me a little.

The man looked hesitant to let us in. Aaron sighs, "It's okay. Come on in, guys."

Slowly, we entered and passed the gates. The gates shut loudly behind us as I started looking ahead of the place. There's more than a few houses here. How many people are in here?

"Before we take this any further, I need you all to turn over your weapons." The man tells us but I shook my head. Ain't no way we're giving our weapons to them. "Stay, you hand them over."

Rick walks up to the man. "We don't know if we want to stay."

I have a good feeling about this place, I wanna give it a chance. We just need to convince Rick, is all. Everyone else seems to be looking forward to give this place a chance.

"It's fine, Nicholas." Aaron said to the aforementioned guy.

"If we were gonna use them, we would have started already." Rick mutters, and he has a point. But I don't think we need to.

"Let them talk to Deanna first." Aaron says, making me furrow my eyebrows.

Who's Deanna?

Abraham voices out the question from behind me, his loud voice startling me a little. Aaron answers him, "She knows everything you want to know about this place."

Aaron then looked at Rick. "Rick, why don't you start?"

Before the latter says anything in response to Aaron, he tells Sasha that there's a walker outside. The latter turned around and shoots the walker dead.

"It's a good thing we're here." Rick mutters, making Aaron sighed. We kept our weapons to ourselves as he and this Nicholas dude leads us to a house.

Rick goes in first, and minutes later he comes out. Everyone else started going in one by one. I guess this is the part where we audition? Aaron's words, not mine. My mom goes in first and comes back out minutes later, before I got called in. This feels like a job interview. I gave Carl a small smile before entering the house.