Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

"I should have known you wouldn't listen to me." Yuzu shook her head as she looked up to see Hina and Nessa standing in front of her.

"D...Dad?" Nessa quickly went over to help her father stand up.

-BANG, BANG-

Hina shot Yuzu's chains, freeing her arms which fell to her sides straight away. Yuzu slowly started to stand. Hina helped Yuzu up before she stated the obvious,

"They definitely would have heard that. We need to get out of here now."

"Sorry, I can't. Not yet anyway." Yuzu spoke decisively as she looked to her sister and cousin.

"What are you talking about!? Now is not the time to be a hero Yuzu!" Hina was so frustrated with her cousin. 'Why? Why does it always have to be YOU cuz?' Hina quickly thought to herself before she insisted, "No, you're coming with us! We can regroup and plan a counter attack a-"

Hina was quickly cut off as Yuzu spoke over her.

"He knows where we all are AND how to get to us. None of our family is safe as long as he is alive." Yuzu looked straight into Hina's eyes. Hina could see the determination in those bright emeralds.

Letting out a loud sigh Hina shook her head in resignation before she spoke back to her cousin.

"Fine, you win, but we can't stay here. Nessa, you need to get uncle to safety. Go back the way we came. Yuzu and I will meet up-"

-BANG, BANG-

Hina felt her body swiftly being pushed to the side before she heard Yuzu lightly scold her.

"Still can't watch your left aye cuz?" Yuzu grabbed Hina's gun and quickly gunned down two thugs that were headed directly towards them.

"Hina you should go with-"

Yuzu stopped mid sentence as she looked into her cousin's eyes. She knew that look. It was clear that there was no way Hina would abandon her. Clearing her throat, Yuzu assessed the situation and took command.

"I know where his office is, Hina let's go. Nessa get Dad out after we leave. Hina and I will draw their fire and distract them. Smiling back towards her cousin, Hina grabbed her second gun and followed Yuzu down the hall.

"Wow." Hina uttered softly to herself. She was struck by the fact that she hadn't even fired one bullet yet. Meanwhile, Yuzu had taken down all enemy gunfire that came their way. Picking up a gun that one of the thugs dropped, Yuzu continued her attack down the long corridor, shooting people left, right and centre.

"Hey Yuzu, I think that last guy wasn't even armed." Hina spoke as she mirrored Yuzu's movements as the two had their backs against the wall.

Yuzu quickly reloaded her gun and responded, "Anyone that gets in our way is the enemy, no questions."

Before Hina could reply Yuzu turned back to face the crowd of men that were shooting at them. She immediately returned fire, strategically seeking cover but also killing every enemy within her range. The crossfire sounded like fireworks on the 4th of July. Watching Yuzu in the crossfire was like watching a human fusillade with perfect marksmanship.

'What happened to you cuz?' Hina thought as she observed Yuzu hitting every target with precision. Each time aiming straight for the fatal points ensuring certain death.

"Hina!"

Hina was brought out of her thoughts as she heard Yuzu call out to her.

'Shit!' Hina stood, petrified and thought as she locked eyes with one guy aiming his gun directly at her head. As he was about to pull the trigger, her life flashed before her and she closed her eyes, 'I'm not gonna make it.' ...