Chapter 8

Cant believe I'm already onto chapter 8, enjoy everyone :)

CHAPTER 8

Mei couldn't hold her feelings back anymore, tears were running freely down her cheeks as her and Yuzu were having the passionate lip lock, their tongues fighting for dominance . Mei went to circle her arms around Yuzu's neck but Yuzu pulled away and broke the kiss "Yuzu?" Mei looked to Yuzu with pleading eyes. Yuzu looked down at Mei as she hovered over the top of her, staring straight into those captivating violet eyes. Yuzu could see a glimpse of a metal chain around Mei's neck. She gently grabbed it and caressed the ring hanging on it. "I have never taken it off, it truly is my irreplaceable treasure" Mei turned her face to the side as she carried on speaking. "I know you don't wear yours anymore, you-" Yuzu quickly cut Mei off "They don't allow us to wear jewellery on the force but.." Yuzu then sat back on her knees as she put her hand in her pocket and pulled out her badge which had her own ring hooked at the top. "There has never been a day I haven't had this with me" Mei's eyes widened as she realised that Yuzu was hurting just as much, no, probably more than her this whole time. Yuzu grabbed the half empty bottle, she didn't bother with the shot glasses as she just took a large mouth full and swallowed, she offered some to Mei, which she accepted happily. "Sorry for pushing you down like that Mei, I guess I just had a moment of weakness" Yuzu gave Mei a small smile. "I honestly didn't mind it, i like see the assertive side of you" Mei tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear. Mei turned to look at Yuzu, she was staring intensely out to the ocean. Mei could see that the blonde was in deep thought and she couldn't help be notice pain in those beautiful emeralds that she loved to look into so much. Mei then softly placed a hand on Yuzu's cheek as she spoke "Yuzu you can tell me anything, you know that right? I would never judge you. I meant it when I said that I will listen to whatever you want to say. I can see the pain in your eyes, I want to take all you pain away" Mei sat there patiently as she waited for Yuzu. Yuzu felt so conflicted, she wanted to tell Mei everything but she also had a duty and she knew she couldn't let anyone down. She took another mouthful then let out a large sigh "there is just so much going on right now" Yuzu turned to Mei and cupped her face in her hands "I want to tell you everything Mei, but if you knew the things i do, it would be to dangerous for you" Mei grabbed Yuzus hand and placed it over her heart "Can you hear it Yuzu? my heart still races for you" Yuzu's eyes widened as she felt Mei's heart beating fast. "the things i tell you, you may not want to hear" Yuzu held eye contact with Mei as she spoke. Mei then caressed Yuzu's cheeks lovingly as she answered the blonde "dont worry about that Yuzu, I'm here for you" Yuzu took in a deep breath as she spoke " what I'm about to tell you, you can't repeat to anyone and you cant give off the impression that you know anything ok?" Mei quickly nodded as Yuzu was speaking. "well you know how uncle asked me how the undercover operation was going?" Mei nodded again as she listened intently to the blonde "Sakura and I are currently undercover, she isn't really my girlfriend" Mei couldn't hide the smile that was growing on her lips, but the next part the blonde mentioned made Mei's smile disappear in an instant " but if this operation goes well I will be starting a new head quarters in America after we head back home" Mei clenched the ring around her neck. "Please don't give me that look Mei i-"

"what is this secret mission for?" Mei interrupted as she tried to keep her composure. "Uncle didn't know the exact details for your case, so he said it would be best if Sakura and I came as lovers, he wanted to be prepared for anything." Yuzu then grabbed the bottle and took another large mouthful as she continued to tell Mei everything "But....but I know that wasn't the only reason, everyone was worried about me coming here." Mei started to wander if this is what Yamato was talking bout when they were at the beach the other day. "Why were they worried?" Mei then grabbed the bottle off Yuzu and took a mouthful, Yuzu looked back out to the ocean as she spoke "They know everything about me Mei, and I mean EVERYTHING. I meant what I said before, my heart is still healing but Uncle knew there is no way i would stay behind if my family needed me." Yuzu took a deep breath as she unhooked her ring from her badge and rolled it in-between her fingers. "I see" was all that Mei could manage to say to Yuzu at this point. "I think that uncle thought that if he gave me an undercover operation to distract myself that well i wouldn't get caught up in this" Yuzu then gestured between herself and Mei, Mei felt her chest get tight, did that mean that Yuzu's family thought that she was no good for the blonde? They probably thought the worst of her. Mei was quickly brought out of her thoughts as Yuzu turned to her and looked her straight in the eyes , seeing straight through to her soul. "I love you Mei, I always will, but i can't" Tears started to fall down Yuzu's cheeks Mei quickly moved closer to her and kissed her tears away. "Then i'll wait, i don't care how long I have to Yuzu. I will wait forev-" Yuzu cut Mei off by placing a finger on her lips "Please Mei, don't make promises you cant keep" Meis eyes widened as she remembered how she broke her last promise to Yuzu, she went to speak when suddenly Yuzu's radio went off "Cap you there?.....I repeat Cap are you there?" Yuzu grabbed the radio and responded to Yamato "Yes Yamato i'm here, is everything o.k on your end?"