Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20

The next morning Mei woke up to a cold and empty bed, she looked around the room till her eyes locked onto her bedside clock, it was only 5.30am so where was her wife.

Mei got out of bed and headed out to the kitchen hoping that Yuzu wasnt drinking again.

But to her surprise the blonde was no where in sight.

Checking the rest of the house she realised that Yuzu was no where to be found. Panic started to sink in, was she taken? Was last night a lie? Did she abandon her and Rosie?

Mei took in a few calming breaths as she looked around again, everything was in its right place, so she knew that Yuzu was definitely not taken.

So the only other options were that she just left, Mei checked again hoping that maybe Yuzu left a note or something, but nothing. She immediately picked up the phone and dialled a number.

A FEW HOURS LATER....

Mei was a wreck as she sat on the sofa with Hina and Sakura comforting her.

"Dont worry Mei we have every officer out there, we will find her" Hina tried to give a reassuring smile but it only made Mei break down even more.

After all the incidents that had happened Hina and Sakura decided to stay in Japan and help with the Japan devision for the Okogi Police.

Mei's mind was going crazy, she didn't know what to do until....

"Mei?"

Mei shot her head up as she heard the one voice that could break her wall down, her vision was a bit blurry from all the crying but she knew that figure anywhere.

"Yuzu!"

Mei ran straight into her lovers arms, Yuzu's breath was uneven and she had sweat running down her face as strands of hair were stuck to her forehead.

"Whats going on? You know im all sweaty right?" Yuzu tried to pull back but Mei had a vice like grip on her right now.

Yuzu looked up to see Hina and Sakura, the three just stood there as they just looked at each other.

To all the young women's surprise, it was Rosie that broke the silence.

"Mama, where have you been? Mommy and I were worried"

Rosie ran up and hugged her Mama's leg tight.

Yuzu then realised that she had left without leaving any indication where she had gone.

She rubbed Mei's back softly as she spoke.

"Sorry, I decided to go for a run and kind of lost track of time"

Mei pulled back and gave Yuzu a death glare as she spoke in a worried tone.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was?"

Yuzu honestly didn't think it would that big of a deal, Mei knew that she could look after herself if anyone tried anything and she would never just leave like that.

"You know i go for run's to clear my head" Yuzu tried to reason back, but Mei wasn't having any of that today.

Mei crossed her arms over her chest as she spoke again in a more irritated voice.

"You havent gone for a single run since you got back, then you just randomly go for one 2 months later? What am I meant to think Yuzu?"

Yuzu then looked over to Hina and Sakura and saw that they were still standing there.