Chapter 3

Thank you to the people that left reviews, you guys are great and kept me writing :)

CHAPTER 3

Yuzu laid still just staring at the ceiling, it was still dark outside and the only sound that could be heard was the steady breathing of her Girlfriend sleeping next to her.

She looked at the time, the clock read 4am, she shook her head trying to clear her mind of all the thoughts running through her head. "no point in just laying here" Yuzu whispered to herself as she quietly and slowly got out of bed.

She quickly put on black running tights, a blue tank top then a Green fitting running jacket that reflected her eyes. She looked back at her bed and smiled to herself as she watched her girlfriend sleeping. She quickly wrote a note and placed it on her side of the bed, after giving Sakura a soft kiss on the forehead she headed out.

Standing in the elevator Yuzu quickly picked a playlist then plugged her head phones in.

Standing just out the front of the apartment with the music blaring, Yuzu spent the next 10 minutes stretching.

"Time to clear my head" Yuzu said to herself as she started to run. Not running to any particular destination she decided to keep running until she was tired. The conversation she had with her mother still running through her mind on repeat.

FLASHBACK- DURING LUNCHTIME YESTERDAY

"What do you mean Mei needs us?" Yuzu was confused. "She has gone through a lot since you have been gone Yuzu and with recent events i am worried for her" Ume explained as the whole table seemed to be focused on her. " You know Mei-chan, she doesn't show her emotions much or at all really, you were the only person who she really seemed to fully trust and be herself with, but-" Ume stopped briefly to take a sip from her beer. "But now with everything going on with the school because of her Grandfather passing sh-" Yuzu quickly cut off her mum "WHAT?! Gramps passed away? when? how? Is Mei o.k?" Yuzu suddenly felt guilt grip her heart as she thought how cold she was towards Mei only an hour ago. " Like i was saying Yuzu, he passed away about 2 months ago. I was going to tell you but that was when you had your finals for the tournament and I wanted you to stay focus" Ume couldn't look her daughter in the eye. " He was family! "Yuzu was starting to raise her voice. "You should have told me! I should have been here for Mei" Yuzu slammed her hand on the table causing the other occupants to jump a little.

"I'm sorry Bub, I realise now that you are right I should have told you regardless of what was happening, you had every right to know" Ume said softly.

"No I guess I can see why you did what you did, plus I guess Mei had her husband to comfort her anyway" Yuzu looked down as she felt a sharp pain in her chest.

"Thats the other thing, she never ended up marrying him. The day of the wedding Sho stopped it. He has made many mistakes as a father but i think stopping the wedding was not one of them." Ume looked up and smiled at her daughter.

"But that is also when things started to take a turn for the worse for Mei-chan. She went completely off the rails, to be honest I don't know which one of you 2 were worse." Tears started to form in Ume eyes as she continued talking.

"She started going out drinking regularly. She was going through boyfriends every week, some of them used to hit her, she would always have bruises all over her face and body. She was hanging out with the wrong crowd." Ume stopped as she started choking on some of the words.

"Then what happened? I mean she looked ok when she came today with Dad?" Yuzu held her mothers hands as she spoke.

"The school, her Grandfather was not happy about the cancellation of the wedding but he eventually accepted it and accepted Mei back into the school. She started burying herself in work, 10 times worse then when she used to do the student council work back in your guys school days." Yuzu nodded as her mother spoke.