Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

-GASP!-

Yuzu's eyes shot open as she quickly sat up, sweat was running down her face and her breathing was uneven.

A soft hand touched her cheek and then the voice of an angel hit her ears.

"Yuzu, are you o.k?"

Yuzu looked down at her wife,she gave a forced smile as she lent down and kissed Mei on the cheek and spoke.

"Yeah, every things ok. Go back to sleep babe"

Yuzu swung her legs to the side of the bed and got out, she walked over to the door. She took one quick look back to the beautiful raven haired woman laying in bed before she exited the room and closed the door behind her.

Making her way down the hall a little, Yuzu peeked through the gap in another door, a wide smile grew on her face as she saw their daughter tangled in her blankets sleeping peacefully.

Yuzu made her way to the kitchen and quickly got the ingredients for her drink.

She opened the alcohol cupboard, her stomach turned as she saw the tequila bottle, she reached and grabbed the vodka bottle instead.

After throwing in a few lime wedges with her drink, Yuzu took the entire bottle and her glass outside, the cool early morning breeze brushed against her face almost making it feel numb, she sat down on one of the chairs and looked out at the breath taking view.

The sound of the waves crashing always had a soothing sensation for her, Yuzu spoke softly to herself as she closed her eyes "Papa"

Back in the bedroom, tears were falling down Meis cheeks, it had been 2 months since Yuzu's miraculous return and proposal.

They were married within a month, everything should be perfect, shouldn't it?

Even though they lived in the same house and were married now, Mei felt more distant from Yuzu then ever.

The nightmares were only part of it, when the blonde was first getting the nightmares Mei would try and get her to talk about it, but after a month of Yuzu saying she didn't want to talk bout it, Mei decided to try and find her own answers.

Everywhere she turned she got dead ends, she even asked Hina and Sakura for help, which for Mei was extremely difficult. She never asked anyone for help but this was Yuzu and she would do anything for the love of her life. She had lost Yuzu once and was definitely not gonna lose her again.

She slowly sat up as she looked around the dimly lit room, letting out a small sigh Mei decided she would try one more time to get her wife to open up to her.

As soon as Mei got to the verandah door she saw the bottle in Yuzu's hand. This was also another habit the blonde had which didn't sit well with Mei.

To start with she thought that it was o.k every now and then, but now it was a daily routine, Mei gritted her teeth as she remembered one day a couple of weeks ago when Rosie had woken her up in bed and was crying because she thought her Mama had died, turns out that Yuzu had been drinking until she passed out.

"Yuzu" Mei made her way next to her wife and gracefully sat down as she looked out to the ocean as well.

Mei sat quietly as she was trying to think of what exactly to say.

"I'm sorry Mei" Yuzu kept her eyes on the water as she spoke.

Mei jolted in her seat as she wasn't expecting her wife to speak. 'This is my chance' Mei thought to herself before she spoke.