Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

Mei gripped the rings in her hand tight as she closed her eyes and thought of her blonde wife.

"Yuzu" She whispered softly to herself as a few stray tears ran down her face.

The sound of little footsteps coming towards her made Mei quickly wipe her tears and put the chain around her neck.

"Mommy i'm ready"

Mei looked at Rosie who had dressed herself and packed a bag.

"I'm ready for our sleepover" Rosie gave her Mother a wide grin, Mei couldn't help but smile back at her beautiful daughter.

She got down on one knee and gave her a tight hug before she spoke.

"O.k darling, give Mommy a few minutes and we will leave o.k?"

Mei headed to her room, she went into the back of the wardrobe where she found a large black suitcase.

'How did I not notice this in here, all this time?' Mei thought to herself as she started to replay what had happened just under an hour ago.

ONE HOUR EARLIER...

"Sorry Mei, I have to go for a little while" Yuzu watched as her wife gave her a confused look.

"You have to go? Where are you going? Why are you going? Yuzu, I dont understand what is happening!" Mei was trying to understand what was going on but as usual she felt like she was out of the loop.

"Yu-" Mei was cut off as Yuzu crashed her lips onto hers. The kiss was messy to start with but both women easily melted into each others touch. Yuzu snaked her arms around Meis neck while Mei wrapped her arms around Yuzu's waist.

The kiss was full of passion and love. It brought tears to Mei's eyes, she could feel all of Yuzu's emotions, in this moment everything felt as though it should be and it was only the 2 of them.

Yuzu slowly pulled back and pressed her forehead against Meis, she looked deeply into her wives eyes, those vibrant violet eyes were so mesmerising to her.

Mei looked Yuzu straight back in the eyes, her bright emerald eyes were looking straight at her and through to her soul.

Yuzu lent in and gave Mei's lips a quick peck before she pulled back and gave Mei a sad smile.

"Sorry Mei, I never wanted this to happen but I have to go, I also need you to do something for me"

Mei felt anger starting to rise , she went to speak coldly to Yuzu, but the look she was giving her told her that this was a serious matter.

"Yuzu, I-"

Yuzu grabbed Mei's hands, Mei's eyes widened as she saw tears starting to form in the corner of Yuzu's eyes.

"Mei, please just trust me. I need you to stay at Hina and Sakura's for a bit, if you go in the back of the wardrobe you will find a large black suitcase with everything you should need inside"

Mei gave Yuzu a shocked expression as she watched Yuzu slide her wedding ring off her finger, then she took her chain necklace off and slid the ring onto the chain with the old matching ring that Yuzu had brought for them when they were teenagers.

Yuzu placed the rings in Mei's hands as she spoke.

"I cant take these with me where i'm going, look after them for me o.k?"

Mei could feel that Yuzu's hands were trembling, she gave a concerned look as she spoke.

"Yuzu I'm scared, what exactly is going on?"