Chapter twenty: A surprise

Start from the beginning

''David, as soon as I see that witch, she will stop me. I'm bound to that dagger as soon as I'm within 30 meters. If I take a step too close, I'll kill everyone around me. I can't go with them.'' Turning back to Mary's room and then back to David. ''I'm sorry ... I can't help you.'' As she walked away from the person she saw as her third dad, she had to blink away tears, walking into Neal's tight embrace.

''You're right Lily, you made the right choice.''

--------Once upon a time--------

"Who is Zelena?" Lilith asked curiously, smirking when Rumple's back stiffened and he slowly turned to face his student, his amber eyes wide with surprise.

"How do you know that name, dear Lilith?" He asked in a tight, stilted voice and she shrugged lightly before scooting back and perching herself on the nearest windowsill to stare at him. Thankfully, Snow and Charming decided Lilith was the only one they could trust to go and speak with Rumple, though she was well aware that they only wanted her out of the way so she wouldn't know where the cage they were building for her mentor was housed. Their lack of trust, while expected, somewhat stung as she'd been on their side completely, not even faltering even on the off chance Rumple was involved.

Rumple slowly approached her, his head twisted thoughtfully as she stared back, silently mulling over how to explain how she knew the name of the Wicked Witch of the West.

"Well, I know you had more than one student while I was away." She pointed out quietly and he stiffened, a wary light entering his eyes.

"And, just how did you ... stumble across, that information?" He asked quietly and Lilith rolled her eyes inwardly, unable to stop her body from tensing in anticipation of his reaction when she opened her mouth.

"The Shadow."

--------Once upon a time--------

"Lily!" Henry said, catching sight of his sister who was now sitting on the ground as she felt a flash of magic coming from a blood bond. Killian's blood bond.

"Henry, go." Regina ordered and Lillian nodded when Henry hastened to do as he said, the two leaving just as Zelena rounded the corner, flanked by Rumple. "This isn't going to be pretty."

"No, it isn't." Zelena agreed darkly.

"Take another step and I'll roast you." Regina threatened, holding up her hands as Lillian flanked her, glaring heatedly at Zelena.

''Oh, please." She spat, waving her hand at Regina and sending her sister flying down the hallway before she fell to the floor and remained there, limp and still. "And now, for you." She whispered maliciously and Lily tensed when she waved her arm at her, the magic pressing against her and making her jerk back, though she remained on her feet.

"You're not the only one Rumple taught all his tricks to." Lillian hissed out at the sight of her face when her amusement turned to fury. A fireball erupted in her palm, though she twisted around in time to see Rumple before something hit her hard in the back of the head. She fell to the floor, the world spinning violently before it all went black.

Neal breathed out, frankly looking around to find his sister, but she was nowhere to be found. The door slammed open, revealing a pissed off David carrying a sword. He stalked past them.

"Where are you going?" Regina asked. "To get my son." David shot back tersely and Peter narrowed his eyes before reaching and grabbing onto his arm, not surprised when he shook the lost boy off.

"What you're going to do, is get yourself killed." He hissed out, scowling when he ignored him and continued walking, only to stop when Regina grabbed his arm firmly.