Chapter 47

Tris
Today is the day! Uriah and Mar are finally getting married! The family us multiplying.

I wake up to the sound of screams coming from a room. We ended up getting ready here because it would be hard to have the babies anywhere else. The guys are getting ready at Tobias and I's place, so at least I don't have to knock to get in.

I walk from my place on the couch towards the sound of the screams, trying not to wake anyone. The screams come from Noah's room, so I carefully and quietly open his door. His eyes are pinched closed and screams erupt from his open mouth.

I scoop him up and hold him tightly against me, rubbing his back. His cries die down. Noah gently whimpers as I walk to the kitchen for a bottle. I warm it in the microwave and give it t him.

When he finishes, I try to place him back in his crib, but he screams each time. Well, there goes my plans of getting more sleep. I should probably go get everyone some breakfast. I wrap him in his packet and leave a note on his door in fast Shauna wakes up.

I get to the cafeteria and get in line, grabbing a few trays to balance on my arm. "Need some help?" Someone asks in a bitter voice behind me. "Leave me alone, Peter, " I spit, putting a few muffins on a tray. "Who is this?" He asks, moving his finger towards Noah's face

"Stay away from him, " I say, pull him away, almost dropping the muffins. "Oh, you scared after I beat your ass?" I try to stay calm. I can't fight with Noah here. "No. I can fight you later, " I say through gritted teeth. He grips my shoulder and turns me around to face him. I drop the tray.

His hands grab at Noah, but I smack them away. "Don't you dare touch him, " I growl, pulling him away again. "Or what?" His hand caresses Noah's cheeks. I slap him across the face, hit probably not hard enough to have a mark.

"Bitch, " he grumbles and his first makes contact with my eye. I stumble back and Noah starts to cry. I pull my hand away from my eye and soothe him. I quickly scoop several muffins into my arms, pay, and run back to the apartment.

I get there and everyone is awake. How long was I gone for? "Food, " I call like nothing happened. I set it all on the counter. All of then grab one or two and sit down, starting to eat. Liam rests in Lynn's lap. "Tris, what happened to your eye?" Shauna asks frantically. "I-uh...fell, " I answer quickly. They all nod and go back to their food.

"Lynn first!" Shauna yells, dragging her into the bathroom. Mar and I each hold a baby, me now holding Liam. I bounce him up and down on my legs. "Can you take the kids with you when you go to the boys so we can focus on getting Mar ready?" Shauna calls. "Sure!" I answer.

They finish putting on my makeup and my black eye isn't even visible. At least Tobias won't see. "Put on your dress and get going. Come on, Mar!" Shauna yells. I hop off the stool and grab my dress.

I slip it on and grab both the boys, holding them each to one side of my chest. They both are asleep and I can feel their steady breaths in the cut down the center of my dress. I still think its too low, but whatever. I put the cover on my knife and slip it through the deep cut, positioning it behind the belt so it won't fall. God knows I can't keep them in these stupid heels.

I pull out my keys and unlock the door. I go to the rooms and see everyone sprawled all over their bed. I first go in to wake up Zeke. I just slap his face and he jumps up. "What?" He asks before noticing what I'm wearing. "Get in the shower, " I say, kicking the bed frame.

I walk to the spare room where Uriah is and just poke his stomach several times. "What the heeeeey, " he asks, correcting himself when he notices the infants I'm holding. "Get ready. You're getting married in two hours, " I say, leaving to wake up Tobias.