Chapter 25

Tris
After Uriah and I walk out, I'm quickly pulled off to the pit by a hasty Shauna. We enter a shop and Mar is forcing outfits at Lynn like it's nobody's business. Lynn just denies everything and I kinda laugh to myself, knowing that's gonna be me in a few minutes.
After two and a half hours of torturous shopping...

We all head into the pit for final rankings. This time it includes all of dauntless. I push my way to the back corner of the room and lean against the wall, crossing my arms. Tobias, Eric, and Max stand on the stage, talking. There's a tap on my shoulder and I see Zeke on the wall next to me.

"Nervous?" I shrug. "Thanks for earlier." He nods and glances over to me. "What else am I good for?" We both chuckle a bit. "You gonna tell me what happened after the chasm?" He asks. I knew there was a reason for him to come tall to me.

"Woke up at his apartment. He gave me ice and we both went to sleep, me on the bed and him on the floor." He nods, satisfied with my answer. "What's up with you and Shauna?" I ask, nudging him teasingly. He laughs and rolls his eyes. "How about we talk about your love life? Oh right, it doesn't exist." I shove his arm and he laughs as he stumbles. "Piss off."

"I'm gonna keep this short because I know you got parties to go to and cake to eat, " Max says into the mic, earning laughs and hollers from the sea of black clothing. Especially from Uriah. "The top ten, welcome to dauntless!" Our ranks are displayed on a screen and I observe carefully.
1. Tris
2. Uriah
3. Lynn
4. Marlene
5. Peter
6. Will
7. Christina
FIRST?! Oh my God! Zeke beams at me and picks me up, throwing me up onto his shoulder. I screech a little as he carries me around, me trying to escape his grasp, but failing miserably. Tobias laughs at me from the stage and I give him the middle finger. He chuckles and leans against the wall, observing.

Zeke sets me down right in the middle of Shauna, Marlene, Uriah, and Lynn. All but Lynn wrap me in a long hug. It takes me a minute or two to break free. I don't even know what job I'll pick.

"Congratulations, " a smooth voice says from behind me. I raise my hand to punch, but suddenly recognize it and stop it a centimeter from his nose. "Nice reflexes, " he adds, stepping next to me. "Piss off, " I retort. He smirks at me. "Sometimes I feel like y'all's main purpose in life is to stress me out, " I say, trying not to smile. "And you love it, " Uriah says.

"Sometimes." "Admit it. You love us." I groan. "I will accept that, " Zeke laughs and tugs on my ponytail. I slap his hand away. "No touchie, " I say and wag my finger. "Yes, touchie," he retorts and wags his finger the same way.

"Come on. We need to get you ready, " Marlene says, dragging me away as Zeke makes everyone aware of the party. Shauna follows, dragging Lynn behind her. This is gonna be fun. NOT!!!
*"* PAGE BREAK DEDICATED TO TRIS HATING MAKEOVERS*"*
After what feels like data of poking and prodding at my face, I'm finally ready. I'm wearing a black, lace crop top with a short skirt with rose patters. Of course, since its candor or dauntless, I'm wearing spandex under the skirt. I need to be prepared for anything that comes my way.

Lynn and I sit on the couch and wait for Marlene and Shauna to finish. "A few more minutes!" Mar calls from the bathroom. We groan loudly. "You said that ten minutes ago!" Lynn retorts and we flip back, waiting.

She's wearing a black crop top that's basically a bra and short shorts. You can probably tell that she got the better deal out of this. We both wear dramatic makeup. Hers is all black and mine is black and red, to match my outfit. I don't get the big deal with color coordination.

Finally, the pair step out of the bathroom, looking fabulous as always. The three of them all have perfect bodies. I have a flat chest and butt. I don't understand how people think I look good.