Chapter 70

HANA
A nurse follows me into the room. Tris is laying against Four and I see his hand under the gown. Both of their eyes are closed and his head is on hers. "I'll just hold onto this, " I say, grabbing the heating pad. She nods and hands it to me.

I sit down with it in my lap and smile. This reminds me of when I was pregnant with Zeke. That's how Cole and I would lay at the end of the day. He would rub my stomach and talk to him. That's what I fell asleep to every night.

I hope they have a baby one day--Four would be an amazing dad. He reminds me of Cole so much it scares me sometimes. They would have loved each other.

Bzzzz. Bzzzz.

Four's phone vibrates on the nightstand. I grab it quickly before he wakes up. I see Marlene's name on the Caller ID. "Hello, " I say, walking back to my seat.

"Oh, hi, " she says. "Four's asleep with Tris, " I explain. You can practically hear her smile through the phone as she tells everyone else the same news. "You think they'd want us to come have lunch?"

"Probably, " I reply, checking the time. "How's she doing?" I hear Uriah ask. He must have grabbed the phone. "She's in pain, but she's doing pretty good. I just got her a heating pad, but she seemed to be using his hand like a heating pad when I got back." We laugh.

"Okay, we'll be there soon. Love you." I nod. "Love you too."
***
Everyone walks through the door and I see Tris' eyes blink open. "How you feeling, Trissy?" Zeke teases with a smile, walking over and kissing her head. "Shh," Tris warns. "He's sleeping."

"I can tell, " Uriah replies, kissing her forehead. They hadn't done that for years-kissed her head like that. "We brought him some food." He puts a tray on the bedside table. Tris grabs his hand that wasn't by his side.

Tris coughs but obviously tries to restrict it. "You okay, baby?" She nods.

"You need the heating pad?" I ask, standing up. She shakes her head. "Is Four better than one?" Lynn teases. "Fast forward to a Fourtris baby, " Shauna taunts. Her cheeks turn bright red.

"Leave her be, " I say. Zeke hands me some food. "Thank you, baby." He nods and sits down. "How long you guys been asleep for?" Mar asks. Tris doesn't answer. "Probably 45 minutes," I reply.

"Four was tired," Tris squeaks. "He just didn't want to sleep around me." We all laugh a little. "Sounds like Four," Zeke replies. Tris winces. "You sure you don't want it?" I ask.

"When he wakes up, " Tris croaks, shifting uncomfortably. "He doesn't sleep enough." "I'm sure he'd want you to wake him up, " Zeke replies. He takes a bite of food. Tris doesn't answer. She knows he's right.
***
FOUR
I blink open my eyes and see everyone around the room. I stretch a little and sit up a bit. I pick my head up and pull my hand out from under the gown. "Tris, " I whisper.

"Sleeping Beauty, " Tris replies. "Fuck off," I say through a raspy yawn. "You okay?" She nods. Tris adjusts her head to look up at me. I tap my nose quickly against her forehead. She closes her eyes briefly.

Hana sets the heating pad over her stomach. "She was waiting for you to wake up." I put my hand over the pad on her gut-or where her gut would be. "Hey, you coulda woken me up, " I say.

"You needed to sleep. You didn't have to say that, mom, " she mumbles accusingly. "Love you too, baby girl," Hana teases back.

"How's it feelin'?" I ask. "Not great," she answers. "It could be worse." I nod. My hand slides to my side, burning hot from the heating pad. "Your food's on the table," Shauna says.

"Wake me up next time," I say right next to Tris' ear but loud enough for everyone to hear. Her shoulders jump up and pinch her neck. I laugh and kiss her temple. "Promise?" I ask. She shakes her head, lowering her shoulders. I smirk.