Chapter 19

Tris
Two days later...
"Today you will fight until lunch and after that, we will go on a little..." He hesitates. "Field trip, " Tobias finishes. Probably why we had to get up so early this morning. From what I can see, there are no fight pairings. Eric must be choosing again. Oh God help me.

"Al and Uriah." Uri totally has this one. Al is big and strong but scared to make a move. They both walk to the platform and Al seems highly nervous. Uriah seems like this is just another walk through the pit.

Uriah throws a quick punch to the nose and then a kick to the stomach. He stumbles back, falling. Uriah now towers over him. He would look more intimidating if I didn't grow up with him.

Al tries to kick him away, but Uriah jumps out of the way. Uriah kicks his head, but not nearly hard enough to knock him out. Al falls over anyways, eyes slightly switching. "Winner!" Eric really isn't observant.
*-*-*
"Marlene and Christina." This one might actually be close. They both seem about matched in size and mentality.

Christina goes for a kick, but Mar grabs her foot so she falls with a booming thud. She is quick to stand up, but while she stumbles to, Marlene kicks her back. I've never seen her so violent and it's pretty evident Uriah can't either.

He wears a proud smile and taps his foot. I shake my head and laugh. They're so good together.

Christina stands more steadily this time, blood dribbling from her nose to her upper lip. She wipes with the side of her hand and looks at it before wiping it onto her shorts. She gets a good punch on Mar's throat and she slightly stumbles back.

Mar stomps on her for and elbows her jaw, causing her to fall to the ground where Mar kicks her in the head. She's out cold. Marlene hops down and stands with Uriah, Lynn, and I. "Nice, " Uriah says and high fives her. "Didn't know you were so violent, " Lynn says and she shrugs. "I don't wanna lose." "And that's why you're my friend, " I add and give her a fist bump.
*-*-*
Tobias
"Tris and Peter." Fuck. She has no chance. I really wish I could've picked. Tris could beat him if it wasn't for me. I have to find a way to help her. This is all my fault.

Tris walks towards the platform where Peter is already waiting, shaking his hands and dancing from foot to foot. I grab her arm quickly and she turns her head to me, on high alert. "He steps before he punches." She nods and I release her arm. I did what I could.
Tris
I step into the ring and stand in the opposite corner to Peter. I feel like I might vomit. Will it do me any good to throw up on him? Probably not.

"You okay, blondie?" He asks with obviously fake concern. "You look like you might cry. I might go easy on you if you cry." I roll my eyes. I would rather lose the fight than cry. He thinks I'm incapable. I'm more capable than he is of many things.

I look over his shoulder and see Tobias leaning against the wall with his arms folded. Eric stands next to him, tapping his foot faster than my heartbeat.

One second Peter and I are standing there, staring at each other, and the next Peter's hands are up by his face, his elbows bent. His knees are bent too, like her ready to spring.

"Come on, shortie," he says, eyes glinting. "Just one little tear. Maybe some begging." He smirks and my glare narrows.

The thought of begging Peter for mercy makes me taste bile, and on an impulse, I kick him in the side. He catches it and pulls me forward, making me fall to the ground. Luckily, I'm able to turn so I don't land on my shoulder. Thank God.

I can't yank my foot away and scramble to stand again. I have to stay on my feet. If I fall, he can kick my head and it's over. That's not an option.