viii. Hogwarts... Beauxbatons...

EIGHT HOGWARTS... BEAUXBATONS...

       THE NEXT MORNING, BRIAR wakes up with her head throbbing — at least, she thinks of it as waking up. In reality, it's a night of sleeplessness, where she can see nothing but the future. She can't remember it, of course, but it still unsettles her the next morning, when she swears she remembers hints of visions, but then never bring back the full picture.

       She goes back to the Beauxbatons carriage, sneaking in once Maxime's busy. Briar's greeted by Fleur when she arrives in their dorm room, with Fleur wrapping her arms around her, hugging her warmly, tightly. Briar smiles softly, as she sighs. "Well that was shit," she says to Fleur, who's hand is still holding onto Briar's arm. "I'm gonna have a shower and then motor to the hall."

       It's a Saturday, meaning the Hogwarts students are allowed to go into Hogsmeade... It also means that today is the day that everyone can enter themselves into the Triwizard Tournament, which is what Fleur did on their way to breakfast. Briar hopes that Fleur gets chosen and really, she thinks that out of everyone, Fleur would definitely be the best champion for Beauxbatons. Like, Briar knows that Fleur's a fucking badass, and she knows that most people only think Fleur's a pretty face. But could you imagine, how Fleur would crush every single task, without batting an eyelid? It would be amazing.

       Briar already knows that Viktor Krum's going to be Durmstrang's champion — it isn't even a vision of hers, she just knows. Considering the headteacher (she forgets the name) has been following him around since they got here, and he's already a famous Quidditch player, obviously Krum's going to be their champion. For Beauxbatons, in Briar's heart she thinks it'll be Fleur, because no one else is as good as Fleur is. But, for Hogwarts? Briar doesn't really know...

      "Briar!" says Cedric, catching up to her and Fleur as they walk to the Great Hall for breakfast. Since it's a Saturday, they're all in their clothes, thankfully; Briar, black jeans and a baby pink jumper, and Fleur, something similar, the jeans being a light blue and the turtleneck a cream. "Are the rumours true, then? You've come back to enter, because of some loophole?"