vii. Pretty Much

SEVEN PRETTY MUCH

(THE FULL MOON, PT. I)

       'TWAS THE NIGHT before Halloween, where all through the school, students were discussing the Tournament, thinking it was cool — "What's gonna be fucking cool is my farewell extravaganza for this place," says Briar, looking proud of herself as she sits on top of Fleur's trunk, so that she can close it shut without everything spilling out. She wobbles on top of the trunk as Fleur attempts to close it by the clasps, quickly giving up and grabbing her wand, muttering a spell to make the trunk close shut. The little padlock Fleur uses — a silver lock in the shape of a heart — rolls around to Fleur's numbers (her grandmother's cat's birthday — don't ask) before closing the trunk, once and for all. Well. Not "once and for all," but until they get to Hogwarts at least.

       "What did you do?" says Fleur, eyeing Briar suspiciously.

       "The candelabras in the dining hall are going to spit teeny-tiny little fireworks into the air, and then the statues are going to come to life for the whole year," says Briar, as she jumps off of Fleur's trunk, walking over to her side of their dorm room. Normally students don't share a room two years in a row — but with the two girls leaving for Hogwarts soon, there wasn't any point in them having new roommates, only for them to leave them a couple months into the school year. Briar isn't complaining — Maxime's already told them that they'll be sharing a room in the carriage, too, which is another plus. Honestly. Hogwarts with Fleur is the best thing in Briar's mind.

       Fleur rolls her eyes, but begins to laugh. "You're ridiculous."

       Briar shrugs her shoulders, grinning. "But you love me, so I don't care."

       "Speaking of love," says Fleur, a mischievous little grin appearing across her face. "Have you told your friends about this year?"