iii. Weird, Weird, Weirder

THREE WEIRD, WEIRD, WEIRDER

       HARRY ARRIVED A LITTLE after Briar, but she didn't get a chance to ask him how he's been, since when they sat down for dinner, Briar ended up answering all sorts of questions about Beauxbatons. Like, no, there aren't houses... Yes, you share a dorm with one other student, and yes, they're not always the same year as you... Also, yes, I have made new friends, and yes, I guess I've settled in all right... It then turned into Percy trying to ask Briar about her grandpa, and Briar feeling a little weird the whole time, considering Percy's infatuation for him.

       But, now, Briar's standing in the bathroom upstairs, dressed in her pyjamas and brushing her teeth. A couple weeks into Beauxbatons, Briar realised how everyone else there seemed to have nice pyjamas, not just old joggers and a hoodie, and she started to get herself a couple nice sets, so she felt a little less inferior standing next to Fleur, who had pretty satin pyjama shirts, with matching shorts. Briar wears her light pink satin pyjamas, a red scrunchie keeping her hair tied up for now. She rinses her mouth with water and looks up in the mirror, her inner eye telling her that Harry will arrive in three, two...

       She remembers when she first met Harry, on his first day at Hogwarts. Briar's got this bad habit when she meets people — a million possibilities are thrown towards her by her inner eye, who shows her every possible thing that could happen between them. Like, if Briar had been nasty and they didn't get along. Or, if they didn't along at the start. Or, if they got along immediately, because Briar said, "Oh, our parents were friends!" She chose the latter option.

      Since then, they've realised that they both have the same godfather, but that was years after Briar became Harry's honorary big sister. It started around his first Christmas at Hogwarts, when Briar's grandpa was going to be busy all Christmas so she and Livvy stayed at school.