XXVIII

It was so quiet, I could hear my faint heartbeat and my blood rush slowly through my veins. But, along with the sloshing of my blood, I heard the faint crackle of a fire. What does all of this mean? Why am I in such pain? My head sting like hell, my body aching, the feeling of an afterburn lingered throughout my core. I couldn't move, I was paralyzed. I laid there, in agonizing pain and not being able to do anything about it. I was once again met with that horrid blackness. I guess I could never escape the inevitable. 

   It followed me, wherever I go. It will always be there, that emptiness.  I struggled within myself, trying to get away from it. I could hear the faint yells of concern from Slenderman. I focused myself on his words, "(Y/N), child, snap out of it. You need to snap out of it.". 

   A huge surge of energy flowed throughout my body as I shock bolted me back to my senses. My eyes shot opened as I felt a ring of fire engulf around my eyes. My vision blurred for a quick moment as I shot up from the grass. My body fell into a wave of dizziness and nausea. I slowly stood up, feeling my world spin before me. A sharp ringing echoed throughout my ears. I stumbled around on my own two feet trying to gather my senses. My right hand shot up to my head, grabbing the side. I tried to hold myself up as my eyes locked with Slenderman's featureless face. 

   A surge of power pulsated softly from within my core. I shock slightly and let out an elongated groan. Two more pulses pushed their way past from within, each one growing stronger and stronger. I shook violently as I started to feel my weakness wash away. Each pulse pumped power throughout my veins. With each pump, I began to control my body's unsustainable shaking. I collected all of my senses and stood strong. I felt power course throughout my body. I felt it enter every single part of my body as it etched and spread within me. I felt strong. I felt rejuvenated. I felt invincible.  

   I kept my head held high as my attention snapped over towards the white candle, which stared at me no longer mockingly but with fear. My vision focused on how the candle slowly dripped with white beads of waxed sweat. My eyes focused on the wick as a golden flame ignited. My head snapped back towards Slenderman with a satisfied grin on my lips. I let out a deep breath as my head tilted back slightly, cracking my neck. With a click of my tongue, the barrier like dome shattered into purple shards of glass. The said glass dissolved into bubbles of nothing as it came in contact with the earthly soil. 

   I sensed no movement or motive of movement near Slenderman. I licked my lips as I tried reading his non-existent face. Slenderman just stood there, trying to blend in as a monochrome tree, his tendrils sprawled outwards. Each end of every tendril has made its way around me, cornering me, as if I was a threat. A threat that needed to be sustained. 

   I cocked my head to the side and let out a chuckle. I felt the surge of power pulsate within me, radiating heat. My chest started to cave in as my eyes widened in pain. I hunched over, my fingernails clawing at my throat. A massive lump suppressed my entryway of breathing. I gasped and wheezed and coughed for air but to no use. Tears pooled in my eyes as I felt the flame within them fade away as if being distinguished. I feel to my knees, an uncontrollable sensation filled inside of me. I was burning, inside and out. I was on fire

    My eyes trailed up to meet Slenderman as they pleaded for help. I used the voice inside my head to get to him. Slenderman's posture softened as his tendrils all retreated back to his side like loyal guard dogs. I begged and pleaded for help. I didn't know what was going on, I didn't understand this overwhelming power. The power that I hungered for, I lusted, I hated. 

   Slenderman then scooped me up in his arms, cradling my head. He teleported us back inside the mansion into an unidentified room. My vision started to blur as my earing went slanted. All I could make out where clangs of metal and panicked shouting. The squeaking of sneakers followed along with the cluster of noises. A familiar blue mask came into view, then as I knew it, I blacked out. 

(I know, short chapters, I'm sorry. Don't kill me. I am also sorry for making you black out yet again. Trust me, there's a reason for me doing so and ending the chapter on this note. I feel like the suspense fits perfectly in this scenario. -Admin)