XVIIII

{Hey guys I'm trying a lot harder to update more. Also guys my request box is open! Pm any requests you have, if it's another book, suggested chapter, x reader, etc. I'm all ears. Also this chapter is in your POV!}

        I was idly sprawled across the bed staring up at the ceiling. I was bored. I could feel my boredom radiating off of me and strangling my lungs. I sighed heavily as I rolled over staring at BEN's computer screen. Of course this nerd is playing video games while I'm dying over here. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "What now?", BEN whined. "I have a question.", I rolled onto my stomach. "Yes?", BEN asked annoyed, eyes locked to his screen. "If I am your victim and you are my killer. Then why haven't you killed me yet?", I asked softly eyes averting to the floor. I rubbed circles gently into BEN's fleece green blanket waiting for a response. 

      BEN just hummed, " I... I can't." My ear twitched as my eyes furrow in confusion. "You can't?", I questioned not believing the own words coming out of my mouth. "Yea I can't", BEN forced out through grit teeth. A huge grin spread from ear to ear upon my face,"I guess I grew onto ya then."  "Huh? Ha! N-No you didn't!", BEN struggled to find words. "A huuuuh~ You can't bare to live without me. You just can't bring yourself to kill me!", I laughed in relief. BEN grew red in the face. "Admit it, it would be hard for you to move on.", I got onto my hands and knees wiggling my eyebrows at BEN. 

      "ENOUGH", BEN yelled jumping off of his chair. I shrunk back in fear, man I pushed him. I sure did it this time. Why the hell would I think that anybody likes me?.. Damn..

     "It's n-not that, okay? (Y/N), I am not allowed to kill you.", BEN spoke softly, his hair shagging over his bloodied eyes. My faced contorted to one of confusion. "I was given a list of people to kill. A kill list that was caused by a killer named Jeff. He over killed and it raised suspicion two cities over from yours. So in precaution the owner of this mansion and top dog of all of us killers, created kill lists. The lists are of victims that match our personas. I was confused as to why I was assigned you since your critique doesn't match mine. You seem more like Jeff's victim, actually. But I was assigned you and not Jeff since you weren't suppose to be killed. I am suppose to protect you.", BEN's head lifted up, his features softened. 

       My face flushed a dark crimson. Protect me?  I'm so confused. Who would want to protect me? No one in my forsaken life ever wanted to protect me. Why would anyone want to now? My hands went to my wrist and started rubbing up and down through the sleeves. "P-protect me? Why would you want to do that?", I choked. BEN shook his head,"No, I don't want to protect you. I have to protect you, I don't really have a choice. I have to babysit you." 

         Oh. That makes a lot more sense. I'm just another burden. I bit my bottom lip. "Wait, why do you have to protect me? I can take care of myself.", I nodded bluntly. "The boss needs you. He needs you alive. And no, you can't take care of yourself. Your emotionally unstable and you can't fight to save your life.", BEN scoffed. "What do you mean fight to save my life? I get that life's a bitch and all but no ones going to come at me.", I argued. 

        BEN sighed, "You don't get it. Do you?" "Get what?", I asked puzzled. "Slender needs you, the Slenderman. He, needs you. The most powerful killing monster known to man needs you. You're special, (Y/N). You're important to him to us. So you have a big red target on your back. People are out to get you now and they do not consider mercy as an option.", BEN grasped my shoulders. "So yea we kinda need to keep you alive.", his eyes locked with my (e/c) ones. 

         Little butterflies started to flutter around in my stomach. I don't know why I was nervous but his face up to mine made my heart beat faster. I can hear it pound against my rib-cage, begging to be free. My cheeks grew darker as my face grew hot. I bit my lip as I watched his eyes avert down to my lips then back up to my eyes. Our noses were brushing up against another. I watched as his cheeks tinted a light pink. His blood red orbs stare into mine. My breathing picked up as my chest slowly raised up and down. 

         It was at the moment when he started to lean in closer, grabbing my hands and trying to lay me down when I realized what was happening and who it was happening with. I quickly jolted upright, bringing my knees to my chest and backing up onto the dash board. Our chests were pressed together as he let out a small deep chuckle. I avoided all eye contact with him as I spoke,"So.. am I allowed to go home?.." My eyes stared at his floor as I balled his blanket in my fists. My heart was beating rapidly. "Nope, you gotta stay with me.", he smirked trying to lean in again. I gulped as I tried to back away more. My head turned trying to get away from him. My pushing away seemed to get across to BEN as he stood up and returned back to his video games. Him parting left behind an awkward sense that lingered in the air. He was so close to me...

          What the hell was that?