XXVI

"Again.", a gruff voice ordered me sternly. I let out a low growl as beads of sweat formed on the top of my forehead. I got back into my fighting stance, with my two legs apart, knees slightly bent, and my weight landing on my back leg. My hands are brought up to either side of my face which are slightly curled up into fists. 

    A fist came flying right towards me face, which I dodged my head to the side just in time. "Gotta be quicker than that.", he grunted. A body then came charging at me as I grabbed the perpetrators shoulders and rammed my knee right into his gut. I heard him gag as he grabbed my leg lifting it up in the air and dragging my close to him. He then flipped me over and placed his hand around my neck as I laid there defenseless on the grass floor. I gasped for air, winded from the sudden blow to my head. My vision blurred slightly as the person got off of me, pulling me up with his hand. 

   "This would be a lot easier for you if you used your powers.", the man with the white feminine mask and yellow jacket, my opponent, stated. "This would be a lot easier for you if you used your powers, nah nah...", I mimicked my opponent. "Hey, just stating the obvious.", Masky shrugged. "How about you teach me how to actually use my powers, instead of teaching me this useless combat.", I pointed out, bringing my hand to my chin. "I'm only a proxy.", Masky held up his hands in a defensive manner. "Magical shit is Slender's critique.", Masky followed. "Then how come his faceless ass isn't the one training me?", I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest. 

   "Because I had other important things to tend to.", Slenderman spoke, appearing out of nowhere. I jumped and quickly turned around to be face to...torso with the faceless giant. "Jesus Christ, you just popped out of thin air!  Don't do that again!", I shook, grasping my chest with both of my hands. "Sorry child, my intentions weren't meant to startle you.", Slender apologized, placing a tendril on my left shoulder. I just nodded my head as an acceptance to his apology. 

   "Now, Masky, how was (Y/N)'s training?", the demonic Calvin Klien asked. "She was pretty okay, she would be a lot better if she had faster reflexes. Although, she hasn't unlocked her powers yet. So, pretty good for a human.", Masky stated monotonously. "I'm going to take that as a 'job well done (Y/N)'. Sooo, I am going to go take a nap.", I pointed my index finger towards the entrance of the manor. 

   "Your training's not quite over yet, (Y/N). We have to work on your powers.", Slender spoke. I let out a painful moan of exhaustion, letting my head dangle backward. "Here, hold on.", Slender reached out a tendril for me to hold. Once my (s/c) hand wrapped itself around the black tendril, both Slender and I teleported into this type of clearing in the woods. The trees were separated into a rounded circle. The grass was freshly cut and wildflowers began to grow every which way. You could hear the whistling of the wind, but for some odd reason in this meadow, there was no breeze. It was like there was a protected dome placed over this area. 

    My eyes scanned over the sky, a glimmer reflected off of the sun where a ripple effect of purple resounded off of some type of barrier. I walked over to one end of the circular dome and poked it with my index finger. Another purple ripple made its way all around the dome. I stepped back slightly in shock, then placed both the palms of my hands gently against the dome. I pressed down hard trying to pass through the barrier, but to no avail. I then formed a fist and slammed it against the dome as hard as I could, but yet again, to no avail. 

  I leaned my head against the barrier as I watched Slenderman materialized right in front of me, well on the other side of the dome. "Now, let the real training begin.