XVI

{This chapter will yet again be focused on Benny boy's perspective. Don't worry my lovely readers, your pov will come reaaaaal soon!}

"BEN!", a high pitch voice yelped.

Then I passed out...

My head started to pound. Something inside me was slowly pumping. Why? What is this? This can't be normal...

My eyes shot open, my blood red orbs took in my surroundings. They scanned across the familiar green painted walls. I'm in my room, in my green and black checkered bed. I nestled my knotty blonde locks deep into my pillow. The burden in my chest seemed to cease. I sighed as I started to relax into the comforts of my room. Whatever happened back there, is the past. That's wiped from my brain. My eyes starts to flutter close only for a loud obnoxious knock to resound from the door.

"What?", I hissed, reaching my arm over my eyes. The creak of my door signaled of being cracked open. Thin rays of yellow light seeped through the crevice. "BEN, Slender requests your presence.", Masky spoke, throwing open my door. "URGH", I growled and rolled out of my warm comfortable bed. Plopping down onto the floor. I reached up and stretched, a long tiresome yawn escaped my lips. I scratched the back of my neck and said," I'm coming".

My eyes widen in remembrance of (Y/N). "What about..", Masky cut me off, "(Y/N)'s safe and sound with EJ. She's making a good recovery." "Whatever..", I scoffed making my way out the door.

Why do I even care?....

I don't! I don't care, get those stupid tiresome thoughts out of my head. I shook my head back and forth. As if my actions could rid of the poisonous thoughts. I slowly made my way past the long tan painted wall decorated hallway. My fingers danced across the brims of picture frames. The pictures hung up portraits of proxies who are and have been. The portraits of proxies with gold brimming on the frame were old proxies who had died or had been caught on the field of a mission. As I make my way further down the corridor, the lights start to flicker and the brimming of the frames are now red for the current proxies.

The flickering lights start to get dimmer and dimmer each step I take down this "forbidden" corridor. The lights are now completely off and I'm surrounded by the pitch black emptiness. How dramatic..

My long ass journey seems to be at its end. Here I am, staring up at a white polished painted door. The door has BOSS plastered across it in big bold black letters. Underneath the wording, there's a single golden peephole to spy on incoming intruders. A good three inches under that, there's a gold knob propped out ready to be grasped to clang upon the door. The door knob is fancy with gold design and silver swirls wrapping around it.

There, in the corner of the door is a pile of broken decaying picture frames, askewn over. Those were portraits of proxies who have failed Slenderman. Who had betrayed him or didn't live up to expectations.

Sighing out of annoyance, I reached my hand out to the knocker thing and knocked three times. I slowly stepped back from the door waiting for a response or to be let in. I waited for an answer for about five minutes. I outstretched my arm again. Ready to grasp onto the golden exterior. Before my fingers could wrap around the metal, the door opened on its on. Again, how dramatic.

I entered the dark room, looking around for any signs of Slenderman. None. Nothing. He isn't in here. "Why the fuck request my presence and not even show up when I'm here?", I asked aloud to no one. Throwing my head up and groaning in annoyance.

My hand waffered blindly across the wall to find a switch. Flicking it on, the grey room illuminated with a soft dim light. Bookcases hoisted up against the wall, circling Slenders desk. Four big beige filing cabinets prompted up, two per side of his desk. Folders and binders full of paperwork were neatly piled and opened on his desk. A small oval window was opened and placed on the wall left of Slendermans desk.

I made my way over to his desk, leaning over the stacks of work and victim data. There, laying idly in the open on Slenderman's desk, was (Y/N)'s file. It was open like it was meant for the public's eyes. I picked up her paperwork. My eyes scanning up and down it trying to find anything resourceful. The first page was a picture of (Y/N) smiling for her school picture. The second page was full of the same information Slenderman had gave me. The third page had red and black printing in bold caps across the page.

IMPORTANT

I raised an eyebrow out of curiosity. My eyes scanned down the page, in small print it said,"Not a victim".

Not a victim?? What does he mean not a victim?? Slenderman wrote her name on my victim's list! A list to kill! What does he mean not a victim? Before I could turn the page, a cold hand was placed upon my shoulder and a deep echoing voice spoke,

"We need to talk, Benjamin."