Chapter 18

The stores downtown were expensive, which was no surprise. I had £100 and a dress cost £15. That was worth a lot in this century. I buy a red dress, some black kitten heels, a hairband decorated with jewels and feathers and some silver earrings and necklace. I had all this stuff at home but currently... home was a quarter away around the earth. The cost came up to £62 which meant £38 to spare. I walk back home and start getting ready for the eventful, bloody night. I can tell myself now, it's going to be really bloody. Literally.

I stand up from the mirror after applying some makeup and doing my hair. My father shouts up, letting me know that the time was 6:20. Well, time for me to get changed I guess. We had to leave the house by 6:40. I put on the outfit before walking down seeing the time was 6:35. I straighten my dress before being lead to a car, which is what I guessed I was arriving in. The car ride was silent as my father and I sat in the back. The whole way there, I stared out of the window.

The car came to a stop and my father looked at me. "You're known around Mississippi too you know, just be careful. Here's a picture of him."
I take the picture and walk inside, bidding a goodbye to my father. As soon as I walk through the door, the room goes quiet except for a few whispers and I walk in as the chatter slowly rises once again. The silence confused me. At the bar, I saw the man sat there drinking a whisky. I clear my throat before sitting across from him. "Are you Joseph Cobbler, sir?"

He nods and shakes my hand before placing a kiss on the top of it. "Yes I am. Miss Falcone?" He questions and I nod, ordering a glass of whisky.
"We need to meet on an agreement here, yes? You set your prices down, I'll set mine. You first." I say and a smirk appears on the guys face causing Megan to raise an eyebrow.
"I'll set down with £50. Perfect price for what it's worth."
"You're walking on thin ice there, Cobbler. £25 on the table final offer. Your work isn't worth the £50 you're asking for."
"Oh come on. You know it it."

After finally agreeing on £35, we walked over to the betting table buying our tickets. I insisted Joseph go first and then bet a much higher bet than him without telling him and so we walked to the stands together. Wrestling wasn't my highest interest and I didn't really pay attention until the wrestler who i placed my bet on, held the other down on the stage. "Yes!" I cheered as he won the match and the whole of that stand stood up cheering and whistling for the wrestler as the other got pulled away.