Chapter 15

"So... you're the ones we're supposed to be doing business with huh?" The front man speaks and I nod.
"Yes, that's us. Problem?" I look at him and raise an eyebrow. He nods his head and folds his arms across his chest.
"Honestly. What d'you got for us? Paracetamol?" He chuckles and the rest of his cronies join in. "You can't have got nufin' important. You're a woman for gods sakes."
"And for gods sakes, someone here is good at being a whore. Never underestimate a woman's logic. Charles, would you like to do the honours seeing as though I'm apparently not capable at running a business- well gang. Same thing."

Charles steps forward holding 3 fairly big briefcases and places them out in front of him. "There. Everything you asked for, Megan managed to get for you."
"Hm, maybe you should give up the dirty work and covering for her pathetic work, Charles... is it?"
"I'm not covering. Like I said, she's a capable and organised business dealer and leader. Our gang gets de-humanised because they don't like to admit that our leader is a woman and successful. That's along with having women in the gang. Now do you want them or not?"

"Of course we want them you cheeky bastard. Boys!" He nods towards the briefcases and three of his men step forward and take one each. The leader, Abel holds his hand out to Charles who -as per usual- returns he hand shakes and I get a nod off the other leader after another one of his men hand me the briefcase of money. Sighing, I return the nod and look at him as Charles steps back to the others.
"Abel, don't underestimate a woman's way to life or business. We're capable, not idle people. Get over yourself and your sexist ways."
"Oh you think men are going to accept you one day. Good luck" he nods once again.

We both walk back the way we came and I move to the front of them all. As we turn the corner, Tommy Shelby and the Peaky Blinders turned up. It was almost like they knew we were here. "Mr Shelby" I nod towards Tommy and he raises his eyebrows.
"Miss Falcone. What are you and your cronies doing in an alleyway? Illegal crimes? You must think you're something. I'm not denying it I mean, you're one of the better most powerful women I know. Even though you are, I don't think you belong in the gang business..."

"And I don't think you belong in the respect deserved section of people. Nice seeing you" I smile and walk of, signalling the rest of mine to follow me back to the tailors. Sure, there were people that lived next to the shop but no one really payed attention to who enters and leaves the shop. Well- they don't as far as I know. Inside 'The Room', I sit down and everyone stands around. "Just one question. What the fuck was that? In this whole deal, Charles and Monica were the only ones that did something. We're already being de-humanised because the leader is a female, there's no need to stand there looking like lemons when we're against somebody. You can't let them do you like that, okay? Do something better next time. You are excused."