Chapter 17

Author's Note: Hello my lovelies! Long time no write as the last many updates were by 4-6 weeks ago me. Real me is back! I hope you enjoy my latest chapter. Please note that I realized I made a mistake in the timeline so there were some minor updates to Chapter 14 to fix the time span. 

Chapter 17:

"Theo, please, Dr. Nessbaum said I can walk by myself."

"Just let me take care of you, please, darling," said Theo. He wasn't begging, he was demanding. And his idea of care was far too aggressive for her. As he lifted her up she winced in pain, his firm muscles pressing too hard into her newest scar.

"You're hurting me! Stop. You're pushing too hard on my side, Theo."

Nori returned home after a week in Dr. Nessbaum's care. Though maybe home wasn't the right word. Then again, what should she call the place she had agreed to never flee from. The place that she'd be stuck living in until he either died or freed her.

Her recovery would not be easy. As horrible as Dr. Nessbaum was, Nori did feel slightly thankful that he let her recover away from Theo, if only for a few days, though Theo was there every day.

She was alive thanks to Amy. When Nori hadn't woken up, Theo let Amy loose and Amy instantly knew something was wrong. That was the only reason he hadn't killed her.

"You'll be upstairs in a moment. Then the pain will stop, little one." The pain would never stop. Not so long as she was here, with Theo.

He ran up the stairs two at a time and quickly moved to the bedroom. He walked through the door and there on the bed sat a woman she'd never expected to see again.

"Imogen, how did the security check go?" asked Theo. He clutched onto Nori's body so hard she let out a yelp of pain. He swiftly laid her on the bed. Imogen stayed seated.

"You did well, Theo. I actually couldn't break in or out with your system armed," replied the beautiful blonde.

"Then why are you here," said Nori. She tried to sit up, but her abs couldn't support her. Maybe they could have if Theo hadn't insisted on carrying her, but it was too late now.

Imogen looked at Nori and snapped, "Just because I couldn't break in or out doesn't mean I don't have a way into this house. Unlike you." The vile woman smirked at Nori. This woman may not have been responsible for Nori's situation, but she knew about it and did nothing to stop it.

Imogen had evaded capture. She had a warrant out for her arrest just as much as Theo did. But she wasn't well known. She was probably living her life without anyone paying attention to her.

"Imm, there's no need to be catty," sighed Theo. He rubbed the bridge of his nose. Despite hardly wearing his glasses these days it was a habit he still hadn't broken. When she was far more naive she had found the small reflexive motion to be ridiculous adorable.

"Of course there is Theo," snorted Imogen. "If it wasn't for her little escape I wouldn't have had to uproot my life. I'm working with a tenth of my fortune. And you're working with a fifth of yours."

"Imogen, what happened can't be changed. Besides the Americans are much less discerning in terms of your forgeries."

"I know. Some of them even know, but don't care," languished Imogen.

"So, don't take out your frustrations on Nori. She's had a rough week, recovering from surgery."

"I know. Sorry, I guess I'm just a little hormonal." Imogen stood up and Nori quickly noticed the growing baby bump on Imogen's lithe figure.