Chapter 8

Author's Note: Hello my lovelies! I hope you're enjoying Part 2 of the Heartthrob's Dark Obsession. I have a few things I'd like to tell you about.

Firstly, I'm getting married, quite soon in fact, April 13th. So starting after my April 4th update there may be some spottiness with chapter updates. I'm trying to pre-write some chapters now so that you guys will have something to look forward to while I'm on my honeymoon as I'll be gone for about a month. I'm not sure what my internet situation will be like and due to time differences updates may come on Wednesdays for some or they may be delayed until Fridays if I'm busy. I'll try my hardest to have an update a week, but if I don't have one ready please forgive me. The story will not be abandoned. I'll be back home around May 9th.

Second: In the case that I don't have any updates ready I will have one new story that will be publishing on April 11th with weekly updates. It follows a Mafia Don who kidnaps someone through a case of mistaken identity. I'll keep you all posted as to when the book is up so you can follow it. It's going to be called Justice is Blind.

And thirdly, for any Hiddleston fans here because of my casting, I'll be seeing Betrayal on my honeymoon. I'm very excited. My husband to be is just going along with my insane ideas, because he's a precious cinnamon roll.

Sorry for the long Author's Note. I try to avoid them when I can but in a case like this it is necessary. I'll remind you all again beforehand and I'll add (Slow updates) to the title while I'm away. If I seem less active it's just the wedding planning.

Chapter 8:

Derek ran off the subway. The police called him. He was so worried about Nori. He'd tried calling her but it just went to voicemail. Something happened. Why else would they call him?

He rounded the corner towards their apartment. His eyes were assaulted by blinding light. Multiple ambulances and cop cars sat out front.

An officer stood outside a barrier to direct people around the bright yellow tape.

"Sir, you'll need to go around."

"I live in there! What's going on? Is Honoria Fintan okay?" Derek felt like he already knew the answer but he needed to hear it. His mind was racing.

"I'm not at..."

"It's alright Ty." A familiar face came from behind the officer. "Let him through."

Derek frowned at the sight of Detective Damien Rice. If he was here it couldn't be good.

Derek stepped over the yellow tape and followed Damien.

"What's happened? Is Nori okay?" he asked, frantically.

Damien stopped and faced Derek. He shook his head, no.

"Where is she?"

"We don't know for sure, Derek. But I have my suspicions."

"He's taken her, hasn't he." Derek could feel tears welling up in his eyes. Nori was gone. He felt like his body would collapse at any moment.

"Right now I don't know. But four people are dead. All three officers and your doorman were shot today. And Nori's gone. Right now we can only assume the worst. But we're working on warrants for the security cameras in the area."

"What can I do to help?"

"Right now, you can help by staying out of this. We need to investigate to find her. You have my number. So if anything comes up just give me a call."

"Thanks Damien."

"Don't mention it. Get some rest, Derek. I'll call you if I have any updates."