Whats so cool about being controversial

I'm thinking about drugs. About all the pills of the world. The ones we die of and the ones we inhale to make us feel alive even if only for a few seconds and then we're just a domino closer to our demise. We swallow these capsules to replace the capsules of time and other times we just have learned to do it. It's nearly never poetic. It's never because you want to feel. It's never so pretty. It's not cigarettes inbetween black polish painted fingernails in those independent movies. It's not the thing you fall in love with because it's simply so beautiful in its ugly way. Drugs are drugs. They are murderers and heroes and often both to most. They're just pills. Nothing else. But we make them into be something to love and something to blame. But what are they really? Not so complex. What actually kills us? What really ruins us? And why do we choose to make those things tear up apart? Why do we have to be in love with our bad habits? Why can't we just admit we use them and perhaps for no real reason? That we get addicted to get addicted. What are pills? What do we mean by them? And why oh why must everyone be portrayed as the fucker and the being fucked by these things. It doesn't have to be so poetic. What if it's just a shitty habit? The obvious one. While others choose quieter means of destruction or just simply something to do. We all have our own stupid obsessions, and they're not meant to be something you find charming. They're just there. Pills are pills. Why must they being anything else?