chapter 7

Since that accident he kind of ignored me for the rest of the day. And I mean the rest, I mean the WHOLE day. No texts, no calls, no hellos, nothing! But I'm not going to feel bad and apologized to him about it. He deserved it.

So I go home myself and do any homework halfheartedly. I didn't really feel like doing much and it's not like Ill graduate or anything. I won't be even alive to be able to walk down the aisle. I sigh sadly to myself. That is my one weakness. No one should make fun of me for that or they wont live to see another day. I'll see them in the afterlife I think cheerfully to myself and giggle.

"Why are you laughing sweetie?"

"Oh nothing dad. Just something at school today."

He looks unconvinced but doesn't ask anything else until he looks down at my wrist.

"What happened?"

"Nothing."

"No you don't pull that on me. Now tell me."

I look away for a second and then look him in the eye and tell him. "Cole knows I'm not normal so he started joking around and said I was a vampire and so I had a funny idea and bit myself to scare him and I sure did."

I saw him looking sternly back at me but I saw the slightest smile.

"Oh Taylor you don't do that to an innocent guy! That's just not right."

"Well I'm not sorry. I scared the living daylights out of him!"

He chuckles. "Well I bet you did. But don't do that again."

"Yes daddy I won't. You have my promise."

He nods. "Well ok then. How was school?"

I sigh. "Not now. I got a headache. Can I just rest?"

"Oh ok then go get some rest." And he kisses me on the forehead and leaves and I walk to my room and try to shake the feeling in my head. It still hurts really badly and the pain medications don't help too much anymore. Ill have to ask my doctor for a heavier dosage.

I think that about Cole and what his reaction would be like as I drift off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------

I hear a whisper in my sleep. I groan and roll over and I hear it again. Its a little louder this time and twice as annoying. I feel soft lips to my forehead and they were soft but couldn't recognize them quite yet. Then I hear the same voice in my ear this time whispering to me.

"Hey can you wake up?"

"Go away." I groan at him.

A deep voice chuckles. But he doesn't go away.

"Cant a girl with brain problems gets a break?"

"Brain problems?"

Uh oh.

I recognize that voice.

It's Coles.

My eyes shoot open and I back up and sit on my pillow.

"Why are you here?"

"What's wrong with your brain?"

"Something to do with the headaches. Now tell me why you're here."

"I felt bad about how I reacted and I ignored you for the whole school day. Sorry about that."

I smile. "So I scared you good."

He rolls his eyes. "Yea you did. But you're not a vampire right? Because I always put you as an angel."

"Oh so I'm an angel now how am I going to prove that theory to you now?"

"Oh darn." And he gets closer and sits next to me and I lean into his neck perfectly. Dam. Why now?

There is a moment of silence. But it wasn't awkward as most people would think of it as. It was comfortable to me. Then there's a sigh.

"I'm sorry but I can't keep it to myself anymore. What's really wrong with you? I know you're not normal. Please don't keep it from me."

Umm...

"Really bad form of epilepsy. It just happens sometimes to me."

Dam that was a good lie. I'm getting better at this and I silently congratulate myself.

"Oh well that's good to know. At least it's not that bad of a thing. Not too life threatening because I don't know what I would do without you. I know that's early to say but it's just a feeling I have in me and I cant shake it and its scaring me that I like you so much."

I just stare at him and say what comes to mindgg. "I like you to." What? NO. Your not suppose to make him fall for you! But he smiles at me and hugs me and my headache comes back. What did I do? Two words come to mind now.

I'm screwed.