Chapter 79: Strength

Ciel's POV

"You want me to lift this?!" I ask incredulously as I stare at the two-ton dumbbell at our feet.

"Of course. We'll never know how strong you are until we test it. Here, I'll show you how to activate your abilities." He takes a dramatically deep breath as his eyes close, as if he were sinking into meditation. "You must feel the power within you, think about and feel your demonhood. The power that courses through your veins. Then you lift."

"This is ridiculous."

"Please, give it a try, my love. For me."

Damnit he knows I cannot give up now.

I'd do anything for him.

Anything~

"Alright. But only if after all this...I can give you a present for the anniversary of our contract tomorrow."

"Fine...I'll accept a present from you tomorrow, but you know I truly don't require a thing from you Ciel. My greatest present is your love. It always will be."

Yes! I win.

"I know my darling but I promise you that you'll enjoy it."

Well, hopefully you enjoy it.

All you've ever done is pleasure me and me alone in our bed chamber but...but I'd like to return the favour.

I'd like to feel him.

To play around with him, as he expertly does with me.

I want to leave so much more than scratches on that chiselled marble frame.

And tomorrow night is my chance.

"I will enjoy and appreciate anything you ever give me." I hope that's true.

"Then I will give you a present that you will forever remember."

"I can never forget the kind things you do for me. Now, would you like to try this or shall we go back inside the Manor?"

"No, I promised that I'd try at least once." I will never break my promises to you.

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes as I imagine the strength flowing through my limbs until I feel a pull. Something dragging me down to touch the dumbbell, and it is then and only then that I allow my eyes to open. Seeing a swirl of purple flame in covering everything I see for a moment before I am freed.

Lifting the dumbbell with ease.

I stand in amazement as Sebastian slides another two tons on either side and I stay standing.

Again and again and again.

More weights placed on the bar.

Again and again and again.

I stay unfazed under this weight that would crush my mortal bones.

He placed more and more until he could no longer fit them on the bar.

"My love, you're able to lift over 30 tons of weight and only Satan knows how much more, you've done an incredible job. You still have to beat my high score but we have all of eternity to work on your strength."

"That must be too high-"

"Of course not. I wouldn't lie to you, I can't lie to you."

Good point.

"I just thought it was really easy."

"Trust me my dear, if it were that easy, mortals would be able to tip over carriages."

As I look down at these strong hands of mine, a question that brings shivers in it's wake appears before me.

"Will our contract end, now that I cannot give you my soul?"

"Our contract is bound in blood. It can never end until you give me a soul that you no longer possess. We are bound together for all eternity. I will keep my name, my only name. You will keep your demon. We will keep each other."

There is fire in those eyes. A passion that emboldens us both. He loves me. Nothing less. He sees me as a king. His king. A king who will never fall. Not now. A king who will never meet the fate of mortals and a lover that will never tire.

I must stay strong, I must hold on to my love. Until the day we will finally be free to wed.

"You won't be keeping your whole name, or at least, you'll be adding to it. Sebastian Phantomhive...or perhaps, Sebastian Michaelis-Phantomhive. Oh I do so love the sound of that."

Michaelis-Phantomhive.

It sounds beautiful.

I wouldn't have to lose my sweet little Michaelis.

"You would be able to keep the 'Michaelis' you love and add your more respectable title at the same time. It's a win-win situation."

"Then, with your permission, when those pretty little hands sign your name on that sheet of paper, your new title will be printed in big bold letters." Our smiles grow wider and wider the more we think about it.

My husband, Sebastian Michaelis-Phantomhive.

"I look forward to the day I can call you my husband."

A laugh escapes me, just as the tear that springs my lover's arms to hold me and the tears that soon follow in it's cold wet footsteps.

"So do I."

(Author's Note: I have one question for you guys, do you want to see Ciel take control fully in the next chapter or do you want an allusion to the activities?)