Chapter 14: Starting Again

A thick sense of awkwardness fills my entire bedroom as we sit in front of each other, trying to think of what to do. At least, I'm trying to figure it out, he's seduced people for his entire existence, he knows exactly what to do. But he's been incredibly considerate whenever I felt uncomfortable with being the inexperienced one. As he always is.

I'm just being foolish, it's not that hard to kiss someone else right? I'm overthinking this to the extreme. It's not like he'd hate me if I did it wrong. Wait would he?

Shit...maybe he wou-

Suddenly his lips pressed against mine, completely shattering my train of thought. Eyes wide, heart pounding, I freeze for a few seconds. My brain needing some time to process the sudden action.

Hesitantly I bring my arms up to wrap around his neck, closing my eyes as I relax into it. Then it becomes slightly difficult for me to breathe. That's when Sebastian moves his head back, pulling away from the kiss to give me some air.

Damnit I didn't even get to do anything!

"S-Sorry..." I mumble as I take a few breaths in, mentally chastising myself.

"Don't apologise. I'll warn you this time."

"No I meant...I meant for not doing anything."

"Ah I see, all you have to do is follow what I do."

"Follow you?"

"Exactly. Whatever I do, you do."

"That sounds far too simple."

"Trust me Ciel, it is. Although this time I want you to initiate."

"Wha- But I-"

"No you can do this."

I take a steadying deep breath, still feeling so insecure about my lack of experience in this particular social interaction. I can do this. Sebastian believes in me.

I take a few seconds to think it over before finally grabbing his tie and pulling him down to meet me. Closing my eyes before my lips come into contact with his. I can feel him smile against my lips. It's a very amusing feeling in all honesty.

Firstly, he wraps his arms around my waist, so I let go of his black tie and snake my arms around his neck. Secondly, he tilts his head downwards slightly to become closer, so I push myself slightly upwards. Making my nose press against his cheek. The feeling of the kiss begins to take over me. That warm and fuzzy feeling in my chest spreads to my lips as I copy his movements. Beginning to feel the same level of relaxation that started all of this to begin with. Blissfully growing unaware of my surroundings.

We stay like this for what seems like an eternity before I need to breathe again. And as we pull away from our sweet kiss, the only thing I can think of is how sad I am that it's over.

If only I didn't need to breathe. Then we'd stay like this forever.

"Was that good?" I ask curiously, still holding onto him as he holds onto me.

"It was perfect."