Chapter 12-One Night Stands

Vail POV

"Hey, Vail!" River called out over the ruckus of the shipyard. "Help with this shipment!"

Vail shoved the last crate into the truck with a huff. The other guys got into the the truck and burned rubber. He walked over to where River was waiting in the shadows. He grabbed the bottle of water that was handed to him and gulped it down. The shipyard was hard work, but it helped pay off the debt. He also fucking hated it...Whatever, it didn't matter.

Brrrnnnggg!!!

He looked down. It was his phone again. The two little twerps had been calling him since morning asking stuff like, Can we watch TV? Can we do this? Can we do that? Can we eat? The last one had come at 2 in the afternoon and Vail told them to just eat.

After the shock had worn out, they just clung to him now. It was kind of annoying. he sighed and picked up the phone.

"What?"

"Hey, Vail. There's someone at the door for you. He says his name is Cliffe?"

Vail sighed and rubbed his head. He'd been skipping school for the last week to do work at the shipyard. Cliffe knew why he was doing it, and he'd been visiting every day to give him his homework and let him know all about the current events happening around the school. Not that he did the homework, nor he cared about the people at his school, but he was actually trying.

"Fine, tell him that I'll be there in..." He glanced down at his watch. "...10 minutes."

He waved goodbye at River and walked to his car, blasting BVB the whole way. He pulled up to the door and saw Cliffe standing patiently in front of his apartment door. There was someone there as well talking to him.

Vail peered closer and saw that it was Echo. She was gesturing about something, but he couldn't hear them exactly. He walked closer, and he could hear part of what she was saying.

"Could Melody come?"

Cliffe nodded, and Echo grinned widely. She opened the front and door, presumably looking for Melody. Cliffe looked and seemed to see Vail for the first time.

"Hey," He grinned widely at Vail, who narrowed his eyes in suspicion. Why so happy? These were glum times.

"I just got us some free time off from looking after the little kids."

"Why?"

"Duh, so we can go clubbing!"

Vail smiled. Now they were going to be able to go and do something fun other than illegal stuff at the boatyard. He didn't even get to see Steele there. Not that he'd want to, of course. He quickly corrected himself in his head before he realized that he was making a frustrated face at no one, and Cliffe and staring at him like he'd just grown two heads.

He looked up at him and answered him, "Sure."

"Great, now let's go and stop those two girls from harassing those poor boys in there." He gave him another cheesy grin before walking into his apartment.

It took them almost half an hour to convince Meldoy and Echo that Harrison and Benji were not dress up dolls and another hour before they got over their pouty face and were now playing video games with them.

Cliffe tapped him on the shoulder and nodded towards the door. Vail got the message and yelled to the four kids in the game room. "Food's in the fridge. Heat it up!"

They all nodded in a vague-like sense and went back to their games. Cliffe and said, "They're ignoring you."

Vail scowled and picked up his leather coat as they went out the door.

"What kind of place is this?" Vail could see the oddly dressed people waiting in line in front of the club. Cliffe smirked at him and said, "It's a club for gays and lesbians."

"Huh," Vail was a little dubious, but he went along with it and followed Cliffe out into the night.

The club was almost bursting with the loudness of the music pounding in his head. He'd already had too much alcohol, and he couldn't tell who it was that he was grinding with on the dance floor.

The guy that was dancing with him leaned forward and locked lips with him. He pulled him closer by his waist, and their tongues fought for dominance. Vail won, and he smirked into whoever's mouth he was kissing while they made out on the dance floor.

Vail pulled away and slipped his hand under his shirt and snaked his way up his abs. The guy shuddered and pulled him even closer if it was possible. Vail leaned up and whispered in his ear.

"You up for it?"

The guy shivered under his lips, and Vail took that as a yes.

Vail woke up to a blinding light in his face. He groaned and turned over in his bed to try and block out the light when he felt a body next to him.

He mentally groaned again. He'd had enough drunken one night stands to know what it usually felt like: a horrible hangover, a stranger in the bed, and a quiet sneaking out of the door.

When he turned over to see who it was, though, he stopped. There, lying beside him was Cliffe, who was peacefully sleeping.

Fuuccckkkk!!!