Chapter 6-Vail's stalker

Unknown POV

He zoomed in on Steele's face as he watched Vail and him interact with each other in the house. He was hiding in a litle cranny that he had found that was perfect for spying on them. It was stalkerish, he knew, but this was Vail. Vail knew better than to start messing around with the Mafia around here.

He would have to confront him later. This could not go on. He hated Steele, and Steele hated him. If he found out that Vail was acquainted with him. He might just do something, and he couldn't let that happen.

He picked up his phone and dialed the only number that he ever bothered to memorize besides Vail's.

It was picked up after the first ring. He almost smiled. He knew not to make him wait. He and Vail shared that same trait. They were both terribly impatient.

"Bring out a team. We're going after Steele's group tonight."

"Alright." A soft voice was heard before he hung up on him. He would do whatever it took to protect his precious Vail.

After all, he was his first love.

Vail POV

He felt a strange sensation that someone was watching him right at the moment. He frowned at that. He knew exactly who was watching him right then. Knowing that he wouldn't be comfortable again until he left, he turned to Cliffe and sighed.

"I gotta go, man. See ya." He started to stand up when Cliffe tugged at his arm.

"Wait. This isn't about my douchbag of a cousin is it? 'Cause I can make him leave if I have too."

"Nah, man. It's fine. I just gotta go get some stuff for Echo since I'll be living there."

Cliffe's face sudddenly had a look of puzzlement for a second before he said, "Oh yeah, what happened to the big, scary dude that's her dad?"

Vail smirked at him. Big, scary dude? Blade must have had a great impresssion on Cliffe when he first met him. Blade tended to go all tough guy on strangers he didn't like or didn't know. That was pretty much everybody.

"Just some stuff that had him going out of town for a while." He waved him off and walked away. Yeah, he was out of town straight into the closest prison that they had there from doing illegal shit he wasn't supposed to be doing.

He was about to head out the door when he heard someone call out.

"Hey, where're you going?" It was Steele, unfortunately. Vail turned around and watched him warily.

"Home, See ya." He turned around again only to have a hand smash against the wall right next to his head.

"Well, I don't think you should be leaving so soon." He was suddenly very close to him. Too close. He could feel his breath against his ear. He smelled like cigarettes.

"I think I should." Vail's tone was firm and he turned around to look Steele in the eyes. That was a bad move on his part when Steele lurched forward and captured Vail's lips with a kiss.

Vail's eyes widened and he shoved Steele off of him. With a look of disgust, he wiped his mouth. As if that would take away the germs that were now on his mouth.

"Fuck, man. What are you, gay?" He glared at Steele, but he just smiled at him. This was getting ridiculous.

Steele just smiled at him and said, "You could always make up your debt with other ways, you know."

That elicited a disbelieving look on his face followed by one of disgust.

"Fuck you! I'm not putting up with this gay shit! You pervert!" Vail grabbed the door handle and made his way out of that house as fast as he could.

That was just some fucked up shit.

He was kicking rocks to amuse himself as he made his way home when he saw a shadow in front of him. He looked up to see a guy he really didn't want to see at a time like this.

"Did you miss me, Vail?"