Chapter 1-Blade in jail

Warning: Contains strong language

Vail's POV

"Shit!" Vail was cursing with all his might at his shitty older brother who'd gotten himself landed in jail for drug handling.

"Fuck you! What the hell! How could you not tell me about this beforehand?"

At the moment, he was sitting across a glass booth from his brother who was currently wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Blade had somwhow managed to put all of his debt to the mafia from his overusing drugs to Vail. It was stupid. Why did he have to do it? Sure, he was the next oldest, but now he had to take care of his stupid niece that Blade had left at home as well.

Blade just shrugged and said, "Sorry, man, but you're the only one that I can trust. All of my friends can't take care of it, and the rest of the family hates me.

When Blade had gotten a 16 year old girl pregnant, their parents ended up disowning him immediately and leaving him to his own devices.

Vail was the only one that still talked to Blade at all. Apparently the 'rents were horrified about Blade's "scandalous" activities. They cared more about their reputation than their son.

However, it didn't matter. "You can't Fuckin' dump all this shit onto me, bro!"

A mother nearby held her hands over her son's ears while she glared at him. He scoffed and grumbled. "Bitch."

Blade looked at his brother and sighed. "My court trial's in a month. Just try and hold on while you can. Keep Echo safe. If you ever see any dark clothed hulking guys following you, run."

Vail scowled at him and crossed his arms. "Wow... That'll help soo much." His sarcasm was obvious as he stared at him. Blade sighed and whispered, "I'm sorry, man. Just...please...Do it for me."

Vail looked at him with his eyes that were now emotionless and sighed. "Fine, I better not regret it."

Vail turned the key and entered the dark apartment that was Blade's home. His niece, Echo, was at school, and he was charged with picking her up and dropping her off at her school.

Vail sighed. He absolutely loathed Echo. Prone to her name, she was always talking and talking and talking... It took forever to shut her up, and if you said the wrong thing, she'd be on your case for a long time. Last time he'd seen her was at least 2 years ago.

Vail had forgotten what happened, but Echo had been on him for a whole week before he was finally able to leave. She was so annoying.

He grabbed his duffle and found Blade's room. He would be in his room until Blade came back. Vail sighed and flopped down on the bed. This was horrible. At least Echo would be picked up today by one of her friends and dropped off here.

He turned around and headed toward the kitchen. Might as well make some food. Vail was actually a really great cook. He'd learned from his brother when he was younger. Now that he thought about it, Blade was actually Vail's only friend. At school, he was the loner, emo guy that everyone stayed away from. At home, everyone ignored him except for Blade.

Blade didn't know this, but Vail had moved out of the house a long time ago. When Blade had gone, Vail had found an apartment for cheap and started to live there. It wasn't exactly legal, but no one care. His parents only cared about Vail's older sister, Michelle, who was a successful lawyer at the age of 21. They didn't care about the "disappointments" like Vail and Blade.

Vail would have to call his landlord and tell him that he wan't going to stay there anymore for a few months. He didn't actually pay for the apartment. He got someone else to do it for him. He was actually persuasive. Very persuasive.

Vail was just putting dinner in the oven when the doorbell rang. He opened the door and found Echo standing in front of him.

"Why the hell are you here?" Did he forget to mention that she'd picked up foul language from him as well?