Chapter 3-First Meeting

Vail POV

When he picked up the phone

"Hello?"

"Vail... Come out to the corner of Marks and Johannsville. I believe that Blade has told you about me. I've sure heard quite a bit about you."

A pause was heard before the voice picked up again. "Oh... and don't think about bringing anybody or telling anyone, or precious Echo won't be so happy."

Vail pushed the phone down without another word and started to stomp out. he snapped at Cliffe and left the apartment quickly.

As he walked down the street in the cold, dark night, he realized that it was Blade's fault yet again that he was stuck in this situation.

He started cursing under his breath, and that ws probably the reason why he didn't see the giant shadow in front of him until he ran into it, or more specifically, him.

Vail looked upwards to see a bulky guy with ash blonde hair and blue eyes glaring at him. He backed up and put his hands up in a defensive way.

"Whoa! Sorry, man. I didn't see you." He  moved to the side of the humongous guy and tried to go around him, but the big guy refused to move.

Vail's temper instantly snapped. He backed up and glared at the guy. "Move the hell away, or I will beat your shitty ass all the way to China!"

The guy still didn't move, so Vail shot his fist out at the guy's face. The next thing he knew, he was on his back staring up at the guy.

Groaning, he tried to get up again when a foot landed on his chest. Vail's eyes trailed up to the foot's owner and saw a guy with sunglasses on smirking at him. He scowled and tried to push the foot off of him, but the guy woudn't budge.

"What the hell is your problem! Get the fuck off me! I have somewhere to go!"

The guy with the foot lifted it, and Vail shot up immediately.

"I believe that your meeting is with me." his voice was the same as the one that was the phone earlier.

Vail stared at him for a second before going, "Who the fuck are you?"

The guy whipped off his glasses, showing Vail deep blue eyes. "I'm Steele. You now owe me 10,000 dollars because Blade is not here at the moment to pay me back. Now, can you calm down? You're annoying me."

"I'm annoying YOU? You're annoying me!" His tone was incredulous.

"Is that all you heard out of all of that?" But Vail wasn't listening the Steele at all. He was mumbling about something to himself.

"Okay. 10,000 dollars. Who can I con into giving me money? Damn that Blade... mumble...mumble..."

"Hey! Are you listening to me at all!" Vail looked up to see that Steele looked royally pissed off.

"Oh," He blinked at him, confused. "What did you say?"

Steele hissed at him and turned away in anger. "I expect you to give me the money in at the most 2 months, or you can work it off. Since I know that your entire family is not very good in the money area."

He handed Vail a card with his number on it and started to leave. Vail's eyes shone with restrained anger as Steele and the blonde guy entered into a black car.

They treated him like scum. he'd show them. That money would be there soon enugh.